1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finding Slimcubby?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jay-Hawks, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Oct 27, 2011 at 7:13 AM
    Jay-Hawks

Jay-Hawks [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Galveston
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD 4X2
    Tube Step, Leather interior, XM, Bed Extender, Tinted Windows, Dynolock
    I have been trying to get a hold of Slimcubby since Monday but I can't seem to reach him. I am having problems with my lights and I sent him a message on his website and a PM through TW but I haven't heard back. Does anyone know how else to go about reaching him?

Thanks....

2. Oct 27, 2011 at 7:21 AM
    cstephan

cstephan Jack Of All - Master at none

Member:
    Hendersonville, Nc
    Vehicle:
    17 Taco TRDOR -DCSB- Gov. Controled Special
    Hold my BEER and WATCH THIS
    what is your problem?

3. Oct 27, 2011 at 10:02 AM
    Jay-Hawks

Member:
    Galveston
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD 4X2
    My driver's side headlight and foglight have stopped working.

4. Oct 27, 2011 at 10:06 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Have you done any trouble shooting yet? Check the grounds, plugs/connectors, voltage, etc??

5. Oct 27, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Woodbridge, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Pyrite Mica DC TRD Off Road
    Have you checked the connections? I had a fog light go out recently and I thought I popped a bulb. Ended up being some water and a little corrosion on the connector from the ballast. About a month or so ago we had a huge rainstorm (10 inches in less than 24 hours) here in DC area and I drove through some almost door deep water on my lifted truck and some must of splashed up into the area where I have the ballast and cable secured and that must have caused the issue.

I pulled everything apart and blew air into connector to get the water out and then sprayed some contact cleaner into the connector to clean the contacts. I plugged back together and everything has been perfect since.

BTW - I have the slimcubby HID's on my truck

6. Oct 27, 2011 at 12:06 PM
    Jay-Hawks

Member:
    Galveston
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD 4X2
    I have done some trouble shooting and I'm pretty confident my problem is not the bulbs. Initially I lost both the headlight and foglight on the driver side (passenger side has always been fine). After driving a little way my fog light came on but not the headlight. I looked checked the connections and everything looked ok but I have seen a little corrosion on the relay switch contacts and thought that could be the problem. I have been hesitant to do anything to the system unless instructed to since there is supposed to be a one year warranty on the units and I haven’t gone a year yet.

7. Oct 27, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Woodbridge, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Pyrite Mica DC TRD Off Road
    I do not think spraying contact cleaner on a connection (let it dry prior to reconnecting) is going to void any warranty.

8. Oct 27, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    Trapper6speed

Trapper6speed Hacksaw engineer

Member:
    Stock
    You being in Galveston is a long way from Lawrence.

9. Oct 27, 2011 at 6:26 PM
    Jay-Hawks

Member:
    Galveston
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD 4X2
    Yep it's a good haul from here to Lawrence. Of course this weekend the "so called" KU football team comes to Austin to get their a$$ kicked.

10. Oct 27, 2011 at 7:58 PM
    Jay-Hawks

Member:
    Galveston
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD 4X2
    Well I pulled the battery tonight and I checked all the connections and no go. I was able to get the drivers fog light to come on one time by repeatedly pressing the fog light button but it didn't last. All the connections looked good but no go on the lights. I think it is either the balast or the control module. If it is the control module the question is how long are the passenger side lights going to work?

11. Oct 28, 2011 at 5:40 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Dude- It's been 4-5 days...MIA is a BIT strong of a worry for a guy who have done so many group buys and has equipment is SO many truck here. People take vacations, get sick, have emergencies, etc....Did you try his facebook page??

12. Oct 28, 2011 at 6:48 AM
    Jay-Hawks

Member:
    Galveston
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD 4X2

Vacations or getting sick? Seriously these just aren't allowed.:D

Slim was very responsive when I asked questions when I bought the units so I have been surprised that I haven't heard back from him yet but I'm sure I will eventually.

Haven't tried the facebook page yet, may look into that one today.

13. Oct 28, 2011 at 7:58 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    When I had issues with mine he was more than accomodating. Upon his return i'm sure you'll be satisfied. He'll reccomend all the things that have been asked of you here, since you have done them you'll be able to answer him quickly and things will get a move on. Switch your ballast around and find if it is indeed a bad ballast. If you are worried or not it would be a good idea to keep your original bulbs in your truck until things get hammered out. I'd put them in the HID box, this way you can reinstall them in minutes if you get into a jam. Leave the HID's rigged up with the exception of the plugs when returning to stock.

14. Oct 28, 2011 at 7:58 AM
    slimsdepot

slimsdepot slimsdepot.com

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Mr Jay-hawks sorry for not getting back to you sooner. We have a 3 month old and I'm still getting settled in with the lack of sleep. As wolfpack mentioned I would like for you to swap the ballasts from each side to see if the problem moves or stays on the same side. If they don't move then for the headlights is possible it's a bulb or relay harness issue and for the fogs a bulb issue. One last test will be requested to be 100% certain for the heads if the problem does not move to the other side and that would be to swap the bulbs at that time. This is to verify exactly what the problem is and to fix it the first time. PM me on here since for some reason my website didn't send me a message from you. (I'll check the site to see if there is an error in my messaging)

15. Oct 28, 2011 at 8:05 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Indeed^
    I can honestly say I have never dealt with anyone that has stood behind their product such as he. And I oddly enough had to faulty ballast months apart.

16. Oct 28, 2011 at 8:52 AM
    Jay-Hawks

Member:
    Galveston
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD 4X2
    Yeah Paul is a good guy. He did get in touch with me this morning and we will figure out what the problem is.

17. Nov 7, 2011 at 4:44 AM
    mbrogz3000

mbrogz3000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Toyota 4Runner Limited
    So what was the issue with your HID setup? Connection issue or quality related? I only ask because I'm interested in jumping back into HIDs again with the truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top