Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HID fog light out

Old 10-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
RyanBelliston is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
RyanBelliston's Tacoma Gallery
HID fog light out

I just noticed one of my HID 6000k fog light has either burned out, or has no connection...(doesn't work). Bought these lights brand new from a friend. What are my options? Buy a whole new HID system? ballast and all or can I get away with just buying the bulb itself?
Old 10-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
Señor Member
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBelliston View Post
I just noticed one of my HID 6000k fog light has either burned out, or has no connection...(doesn't work). Bought these lights brand new from a friend. What are my options? Buy a whole new HID system? ballast and all or can I get away with just buying the bulb itself?
Test both the ballast and the bulb...plug in the ballast from the other light to the bulb to check it. And the good bulb to the "bad" side ballast. It's cheaper to buy one thing than the whole thing again
Old 10-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
What brand?
Old 10-27-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Its most likely the bulb. Just plug the bulb that is out into the ballast you know is working and see if it is still burnt out