Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

First Tacoma Retrofit

Old 10-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
rmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mo
rmyc's Tacoma Gallery
First Tacoma Retrofit

Hey, new here, ( used to be a taco owner )

just retrofitted my friend new Taco

a local shop sells the projectors new for $95 a pair , they are Mini H1's. Cheaper than anywhere i could find online. install was straight forward and took 30mins to retrofit. didnt need any cutting. If anyone local needs help doing so lmk

Old 10-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
maj Andres is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Andres
maj Andres's Tacoma Gallery
Cool. I've been wanting to put those MH1 in my taco as well. Got any more pics?
Old 10-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
rmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rmyc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
How'd they survive the car wash test?
just fine, lol never had a headlight leak on me

most ppl get fogged lights because they completely seal up their housings and the rear breather ports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maj Andres View Post
Cool. I've been wanting to put those MH1 in a taco as well. Got any more pics?
Yeah, ive been trying to convince my friend to let me retro his taco, he finally agree'd when i found him banging deal on Morimotos

in all costed $95 for projectors $20 for hi/lo harness and $40 for H1 kit from DDM. def worth the $150 upgrade. Will post more pics when i get it

Old 12-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
rmyc's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
you could make some cash on here if you buy those kits and sell them here. seems like a great deal.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #6
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
yes nice mini H1's dude compared to the d2's its night and day lol i have been trying to tell peoples this for months now. they look fucking awesome! where did you pick these bad boy's up for 95 bucks? thats a nice deal you got there man.

the H1's have a ton of color and are wide as shit dude just a tad shorter than the fx-r and thats splitting hairs they are just a great little piece of gear.

nice work i hope more see this thread and understand the difference and just how big it actually is.

lol i'm waiting for more shots of these i'm thinking of doing a set myself in my fogs and running a quad set-up and i would love to see more of the beam to determine if they would match up nicely with my current set.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #8
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Darn, I wish that it could be done to a 1st gen. Jealous!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #10
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Those look stunning!

If you were interested in selling those, you could make quite a bit in money.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 12-20-2011, 12:00 AM   #14
rmyc's Tacoma Gallery
how much would an already retro'd set sell for?
Old 12-20-2011, 12:16 AM   #15
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! How's the warranty on these things? The Retrofitsource has one year warranty and if something goes wrong with any part, they ship you a new part without having to ship the part with the problem and you get it in about 3 days. Awesome customer service.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #16
fltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Munitions systems craftsman
Name: daniel
fltacoma's Tacoma Gallery
does this place have a website for the set that they are selling? if so, Ill start doing the retros on mine in no time!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #19
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
yeah havent heard from him
Old 12-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #20
rmyc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i think the op has gone on vacation lol. if he posts up some more wall shots these things would sell themselves
i will try to get wall shot, the truck isnt mine so i will have to ask the owner when he gets back from the holiday break. TRS has samples of the beam, and also a bunch from hidplanet