Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Tail Light HELP!

Old 11-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Tail Light HELP!

I am trying to hook up the third-break light on a camper I recently put on my truck. I know that I need to splice into one of the three wires that are going into the break light on my truck, but I don't know which one...

There is a green wire, a green wire w/ a red stripe, and a black/white wire going into the break light.

Which of these is the wire that controls the break light... NOT the running light? I only want the third light to come on when I press the brake.

Thanks!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
im not positive, but i think the green is ground, and the green/red wire is the break light, and the black/white wire is the running light. hopefully, someone who knows for sure will be along shortly.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
green/red was correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
im not positive, but i think the green is ground, and the green/red wire is the break light, and the black/white wire is the running light. hopefully, someone who knows for sure will be along shortly.
I didn't have a whole bunch of time, so I went with your best guess... you were right!!! I figured I could splice into them one at a time if I didn't get it right the first time.

Thanks for your help!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
I didn't have a whole bunch of time, so I went with your best guess... you were right!!! I figured I could splice into them one at a time if I didn't get it right the first time.

Thanks for your help!
glad you got it squared away man!!
Old 09-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
CheeseWithTaco is a splendid one to beholdCheeseWithTaco is a splendid one to beholdCheeseWithTaco is a splendid one to beholdCheeseWithTaco is a splendid one to beholdCheeseWithTaco is a splendid one to beholdCheeseWithTaco is a splendid one to beholdCheeseWithTaco is a splendid one to behold

CheeseWithTaco's Tacoma Gallery
im gonna have to give this a try...
Old 09-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #6
CheeseWithTaco is a splendid one to beholdCheeseWithTaco is a splendid one to beholdCheeseWithTaco is a splendid one to beholdCheeseWithTaco is a splendid one to beholdCheeseWithTaco is a splendid one to beholdCheeseWithTaco is a splendid one to beholdCheeseWithTaco is a splendid one to behold

CheeseWithTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseWithTaco View Post
im gonna have to give this a try...
hummm... i went with green/white stripe for the brake light (there were two of them in the corner section of the wire harness) and used the white/black stripe wire for the ground (i used my aftermarket tails to figure out the ground from the sockets, and the black wire ). it worked perfectly, but the light doesnt blink when i lock or unlock the truck (maybe the other green/white wire in the same pin slot?). but whatever, spliced into the mo fos' and bingo bammo bang! the shit is working and it is bright as hell too...
Old 09-16-2009, 06:34 AM   #7
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100