Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Xtralights a good source for aftermarket headlights?

Old 11-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
bigtaco07 is on a distinguished road
Name: nathan
bigtaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Xtralights a good source for aftermarket headlights?

I'm looking to replace my headlights on my 07 taco bc my father broke the plastic clip holding the spring in place and was wondering if Xtralights.com was a good place to buy OEM replacement lights. They are not stock lights but are plug and play. And how ade is it to do the HID light swap?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
Thanks, got a link I can check out what's up?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
no link for this personal experience and the word of one of the best in the retrofitting world. depot or tyc check ebay out you may be able to scoop up a set of tyc's or depots for under a 150.

i would stay away from the eagle eyes and the other brands. btw i have helped do a couple retros and done 4 myself and have had done at least 6 now lol. i have been through all the brands for the 2nd gen.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
Ok thanks, I'm guessing it isn't too very difficult to do then?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
Ok thanks, so is it very hard to do the swap then? And doing the HID conversion?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #7
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
what are you looking to do convert to hid or a projector retrofit? converting is as easy as some zip ties and grounding a wire and changing your bulbs hence the term "plug & play"

now some will say it's easy but, i know different retrofitting anything can be tricky but, the tacoma headlight can be very difficult to seal back up correctly plus all the other stuff that goes along with it. to do it correctly it takes time and some experience only achieved by having done one before imo. i can walk yo through any questions you have though if you decide to take this project on though
Old 11-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #8
Basically want to get new headlights assembly's and get the hid kit to have that sleek look. Just was wondering how are it is to get everything connected and talking properly. But that will be a project in a month time, but I may have to take you up on the offer I need some help getting it all working