1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hid brands

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Hydrolai, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Nov 4, 2011 at 9:29 AM
    Hydrolai

Hydrolai [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    friendswood
    Vehicle:
    trd off road 4x4
    Firestick NGP Uniden 520 PROXL BadaBling! 6k Hid Plasti-Dip Wheels/Badges Leds Bed Lights
    anyone recommend a good hid brand ? was thinking about ddm but some of the reviews were bad. looking for 55w 8k hi/lo and 35w 6k for fogs. i dont want anything that flickers but i dont need the top brands that go for like 4-5 bills

2. Nov 22, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    ak.rideon

ak.rideon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Seward AK
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5 limited
    98 limited with air raid throttle body spacer, volt 4300k hids, vortec muffler, magnaflow spun cat, clear corner lights, led tail lights, alpine cda-117, alpine type r 10 in a sealed box and a alpine 500w mono amp.
    it depends on what you want to pay i guess. some guys on here prefer ddm. i myself had a 55watt ddm kit and it sucked. i had to turn my headlights on and off about 5 times or so. A morimoto h1 mini wouldnt be a bad rout to go either. i have a 4300k volt kit in my taco and i love it. i bought them from kbcarstuff.com aka xenon depot. the xtreme brand they have is a bit better compared to the vold kit. plus the xtreme hid kits come with a harness for each headlight so you get the proper wattage to both headlights. heres a link to their website. good stuff. i hope this helps

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/HID-Kits-s/216.htm

3. Nov 22, 2011 at 6:48 PM
    ak.rideon

ak.rideon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Seward AK
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5 limited
    98 limited with air raid throttle body spacer, volt 4300k hids, vortec muffler, magnaflow spun cat, clear corner lights, led tail lights, alpine cda-117, alpine type r 10 in a sealed box and a alpine 500w mono amp.
    wolfpack id have to agree on the 4300ks. i have those and they kick ass. 8000k may look cool but if u want hids for the light output you would want 4300 to 6000k. just my two cents

Products Discussed in

To Top