Old 11-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
nb_tacoma is on a distinguished road
Navy: Marine Engineer Mechanic
Name: nick
nb_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Piaa Intense White bulbs

Just wondering if anyone has used the Piaa intense white head light bulbs,
they are rated at 4100k.

just wanted to know if they work well and are good and bright?
im trying to avoid getting HIDs and im hopping this would be a good alternative

thanks
Old 11-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
I've run PIAA Intense White bulbs for years. I'm very happy with whiteness, brightness, and reliability. (They're available for $41/pr from Amazon.)
Note that while the Intense Whites have a blue appearance when off, the light they throw is WHITE (not even the slightest hint of blue).

I've also heard good things about Philips X-treme Power bulbs, which are available for $29/pr from Amazon, and OSRAM Night-Breakers, available from Amazon for $40/pr.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the PIAA Xtreme white bulbs now and love them. I had Philips Xtreme power bulbs before these and I'd buy both again in a heart beat. I think PIAA's have a wider pattern than the Philips bulbs did but both outshine the stock bulbs by far. No experience with the PIAA bulbs you're looking at though.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
jizzam93 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kris
jizzam93's Tacoma Gallery
I've used them and they were bright. The only complaint is that they don't last long, at least for me (7 months).
Old 11-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
look at this
http://www.clearcorners.com/tech/002/

this should definitively answer your questions.
It might answer someone's questions, if it included specifics. Unfortunately, there are none. No specific brands and models are identified, leaving it to readers to infer what was tested.

Thanks, but I'll stick with first-hand experience.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:58 AM   #8
Toycan is on a distinguished road

Toycan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_tacoma View Post
Just wondering if anyone has used the Piaa intense white head light bulbs,
they are rated at 4100k.
Great stuff, will sthese plug right in and use stock wiring/fuses and not melt the truck?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 05:24 AM   #9
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toycan View Post
Great stuff, will sthese plug right in and use stock wiring/fuses and not melt the truck?

Thanks
Get the right bulb and yes, they install and plug in just like your stock headlight bulbs. Wear nitrile gloves when installing and do not touch the glass part of the bulb with your hands.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:08 AM   #10
Toycan is on a distinguished road

Toycan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Get the right bulb and yes, they install and plug in just like your stock headlight bulbs. Wear nitrile gloves when installing and do not touch the glass part of the bulb with your hands.
OK, that's great, is the one described here such a bulb, the 4100K?

Any others?

Thanks for the answer and ahve a good one!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:11 AM   #11
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
ive got the phillips xtreme bulbs and i love them. they (claim) to be the brightest non-HID bulb available on the market and trust me, they are way better than stock
Old 11-08-2011, 05:56 AM   #12

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toycan View Post
OK, that's great, is the one described here such a bulb, the 4100K?

Any others?

Thanks for the answer and ahve a good one!
I should have been more specific, I meant get the bulb with the correct base. Our Tacomas take 9003/HB2/H4. As long as the bulb you order has one of those 3 designations, it will be plug and play.

According to PIAA, you can get those bulbs in H4 size so they'll fit.
http://piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-H4.html

I wouldn't order directly from PIAA, you'll pay about 30% more than you should. Try Amazon.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #13
dabo is on a distinguished road
dabo's Tacoma Gallery
silverstar ultra 4100K
under $25/pr - ebay
running 2+ years
and an improvement over stock
Old 11-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #15
Snoranger is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Patrol
Snoranger's Tacoma Gallery
I had a pair of SiverStar ultra's in my patrol car..they worked great for the 10 months they stayed illuminated (I work nights so they were on more than standard driving). Spend the extra money and get the Piaa's.

Products Discussed in this Thread