Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

2012 foglight anytime mod ?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2012, 04:37 AM   #81
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B737 View Post
because you tapped into the evap system which tests the vehicle after shut down to look for leaks... not ideal.
lol
Old 11-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #82
Palmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant future

Army: U.S. Army
Name: Pete
Palmetto Pete's Tacoma Gallery
In-line 10 amp fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsik View Post
This looks the easiest with protection lol. I'm guessing you're running 35w fogs. What type of fuse is it though.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #83
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
Oh really?

you're not supplying power to the fog light from this jumper. a one amp fuse to protect the relay circuit would be sufficient.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #84
Palmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant future

10 amp is the smallest I had in the garage at the time.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #85
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Did it. Super easy.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #86
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Pete View Post
In-line 10 amp fuse
Thank you sir. I used a 5. Smallest I could find
Old 11-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #87

No problem! Glad I could help!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #88
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdctaco12 View Post
I just did mine this way by moving the green wire and the red and black wire. The fogs go out with truck off and the button still on with key in OFF and the ACC position but fogs are on in the ON position. Its nice and clean and no one would ever know it wasn't done from the factory this way.
This seems to be the safest way! Has anyone found any weird side effects yet?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #89
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLombardo View Post
I have a 2012 TRD 4x4 O/R. I do not have heated seats. This is how I did mine.

On the bottom relay I bent out the bottom left prong and slide on a female connector. I pushed the relay back in place. Sits a little skiwhampus, but it's in there.

On the top relay I slide in the other end of the raw wire into the bottom right port. I have a 3 amp fuse in the line.

For one reason or another when I turn off the truck and if the fog light button is set to on, then after like 30 minutes the fog lights turn on on their own for about 1 minute. They shut off on their own. Not sure why this happens, but it has not created any problems for me. I just depress the fog light switch after I turn off the truck and the fogs don't switch on on their own.
I dont have that relay in the air pump spot. Will my lights still come on by themselves if I use that spot?
Old 12-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #90
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
I dont have that relay in the air pump spot. Will my lights still come on by themselves if I use that spot?
Yes
Old 12-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #91
bmiranda is on a distinguished road
bmiranda's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2013 TRD Sport, and I have no power to any of the empty terminals in the sub panel..there are no female blade connectors in any of the empty slots like shown in the above pictures...any ideas?
Old 01-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #92
tintedtaco is on a distinguished road
tintedtaco's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2012 tacoma and i recently put hid's on it and im lookin to do this foglight mod but i dont have the female terminals down inside of my box with the foglight relay, what are my other options?
Attached Thumbnails
2012 foglight anytime mod ?-foglights2.jpg  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #93
SpruceJPG is on a distinguished road

Name: .JPG
SpruceJPG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintedtaco View Post
i have a 2012 tacoma and i recently put hid's on it and im lookin to do this foglight mod but i dont have the female terminals down inside of my box with the foglight relay, what are my other options?
I feel your pain TintedTaco. Went to do the mod today, and I also have the same problem... 2 relays in that box, and no wiring to the other the other open spots. Mine is a 2013 DCLB SR5. Tested a few connections over in the main fuse box which I could get to work, but im trying not to run a cable from the smaller box over to the larger. Unfortunately at this point, I think it may be our only option.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #95
SR5808 is on a distinguished road
Name: J10
SR5808's Tacoma Gallery
I know its been answered. But what kinda wires and connectors would I need to do this mod on my 2013? Still a noob at this. Lmk. Thanks guys.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #96
DannyD is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
DannyD's Tacoma Gallery
I seem to have a different sub panel then you guys. Same year, this is an access cab TRD off road. I'm missing the green and Grey? In the bottom right corner. Looking from above that space is empty aswell
Attached Thumbnails
2012 foglight anytime mod ?-img_00000325.jpg  
Old 05-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #97
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny E View Post
Ultra Stealth Mod
After cintocrunch showed me the easy wayfor a 2012 it occured to me this could be done even cleaner. The image below is the underside of the sub panel. If you were to swap the red/black wire in the upper right corner with the pale green wire in the lower right you would not need the jumper wire or to mess with the relay. Note if you have heated seat the this would be bad as now they would only work with the headlights on lowbeam

I took a look at this tonight and it seems there is a small clip holding the witing connector in the panel. If anyone know how to release the clipthis would be a super clean mod, heck it would even be fused as it is a factory wire

I just did this mod, instead of un clipping, I stripped the green wire out, hooked a female connector to it, and connected that to an in line fuse (3amp) from the relay, I was able to feed the relay end through the hole on the bottom and tuck away the in line fuse on the bottom of the box, makes it super convenient to disconnect in case of dick head inspections.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #98
scorpio382 is on a distinguished road
Name: D-Man
scorpio382's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeeboi View Post
Caribe makaira thought of even a cleaner way to wire it up for 2012 tacos.

There is no need to run the wire out of the small fuse box where the fog relay is since there are already 2 slots that are wired to ign power. They are the #2 slot (circled in green) and turn on/off with the ignition so you don't drain your battery. Suggested you use an inline fuse (1A will do) for extra protection.

So instead of running it to the Tail light relay in the large fuse box. just plug it into one of the available slots near the fog relay

Just did the fog light any time mod on my 2012. Just like above but I added a 10 amp inline fuse. Works perfect.. Fast and easy mod
Old 06-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #100
FFJamison is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Salty Tailboard
Name: Humps
FFJamison's Tacoma Gallery
Baffled

Ok so I did the anytime mod, now I have no day time running lights?!?!
Used 16ga wire 7.5a fuse, (smallest I had and I have LED fogs) went to "air pump" power spot. Fogs work, but why don't the dtrl? They come on as parking lights dim, and bright as turn signals and hazards.
Someone smarter than me has bound to have an answer for this?
I know fogs are stand alone circuit as they're optional.

Also, what's "air pump"? Is there an option for one for ARB locker or something?

'12 dbsb 4x4 TRD towing and Entune v6 auto - if any of that helps

Dang pic is upside down again dern ipad
Attached Thumbnails
2012 foglight anytime mod ?-image.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread