Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

2012 foglight anytime mod ?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2011, 05:07 AM   #1
Hydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to behold
Name: Johnny
Hydrolai's Tacoma Gallery
2012 foglight anytime mod ?

does anyone know where the foglight relay is for the 2012 tacomas ? its not in the engine bay where all the other tacomas were. trying to do a foglight mod where i can have them on anytime as long as key is on acc or on.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:14 AM   #2
redz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to behold

redz80's Tacoma Gallery
there should be something in the manual about the locations of fuses and relays......maybe under the dash somewhere
Old 11-08-2011, 05:23 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
If you use add-a-circuit in the tail light fuse for fogs then they work with parking only, with lows or with highs without the need to do any hacking on your oem wiring harness and has same protection of not running the battery down if you try to leave them on.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
munkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

munkeeboi's Tacoma Gallery
It's in the small fuse box behind the main fuse box in the engine bay. Let me know if you figure it out. I have someone looking into in the the main "foglights on with parking" thread below
Old 11-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
Hydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to behold
Name: Johnny
Hydrolai's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks will check it later tonight. Hopefully I can get them done. I want this shit done
Old 11-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
r6hokie is a jewel in the roughr6hokie is a jewel in the roughr6hokie is a jewel in the rough
r6hokie's Tacoma Gallery
I also want to run foglights during the day with the parking lights, better visibility, let me know if you figure this out or have pics of what to do
Old 11-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #7
"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OLYMPIC VIEW"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6hokie View Post
I also want to run foglights during the day with the parking lights, better visibility, let me know if you figure this out or have pics of what to do
For the 2012 follow instructions in my OP on this thread...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...high-beam.html

I also made short video expalining fuse/relay box layout on the 2012 Tacoma--just note that I mention Tab # 1 on the FR FOG RELAY is at the top right corner of the relay...THIS IS INCORRECT--Tab # 1 will be the tab on the bottom left corner of the relay--reply back or PM me if you have any questions--OLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrh9A...&feature=feedu
Old 11-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
munkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by "OLYMPIC VIEW" View Post
For the 2012 follow instructions in my OP on this thread...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...high-beam.html

I also made short video expalining fuse/relay box layout on the 2012 Tacoma--just note that I mention Tab # 1 on the FR FOG RELAY is at the top right corner of the relay...THIS IS INCORRECT--Tab # 1 will be the tab on the bottom left corner of the relay--reply back or PM me if you have any questions--OLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrh9A...&feature=feedu

+1 for OLYMPIC VIEW

Follow this link to go to page 8 for pictures on a 2012. I wired it differently so that the fogs can be turned on anytime the IGN is "ON" like you requested

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ml#post4039711

This mod only allows fogs to be on whenever the key is in. The fogs can be turned on or off on any light setting and turn off automatically when you shit off the car

Old 11-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #9
"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OLYMPIC VIEW"'s Tacoma Gallery
2012 Fuse Protected Method

I like this version of MB's for the 2012's fog light on with parking/low beam/high beam...
Reminder that Tab # 1 is at bottom left corner of the FR FOG RELAY--

See attached thumbnails--OLY
Attached Thumbnails
2012 foglight anytime mod ?-mb-2012-taco.jpg   2012 foglight anytime mod ?-bent_relay.jpg   2012 foglight anytime mod ?-22g-18g-female-blade-18g-wire-stripped-end.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #10

Caribe makaira thought of even a cleaner way to wire it up for 2012 tacos.

There is no need to run the wire out of the small fuse box where the fog relay is since there are already 2 slots that are wired to ign power. They are the #2 slot (circled in green) and turn on/off with the ignition so you don't drain your battery. Suggested you use an inline fuse (1A will do) for extra protection.

So instead of running it to the Tail light relay in the large fuse box. just plug it into one of the available slots near the fog relay

Old 11-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #11
r6hokie is a jewel in the roughr6hokie is a jewel in the roughr6hokie is a jewel in the rough
r6hokie's Tacoma Gallery
Since this thread is specifically for 2012, I decided to post my response here.

I have a 2012 dual cab off road package.

The wiring is a bitch to get between boxes, I will probably drill a pilot hole through the fuse box to go between them but I did the fuse protected mod from fog relay to the trailer hot slot as described previosly I guess it is the number three slot, used 18 gauge wire

pics below are with fog lights button always on

First pic light knob rotated off for some reason the drl are not on anymore, looking into this for some reason I thought the drl were on when I got home last night when it was dark

Second two pics light knob rotated to intermediate position
Final two pics are light knob rotated all the way and the green indicator shows on my dash

What I dont like about this mod is that when I turn on the parking lights during the day the stereo display dims

I may try to do the mod within the small fuse box adding a 5amp fuse and see how that works, more on that later this week
Attached Thumbnails
2012 foglight anytime mod ?-2011-11-20-15.20.06.jpg   2012 foglight anytime mod ?-2011-11-20-15.20.46.jpg   2012 foglight anytime mod ?-2011-11-20-15.20.58.jpg   2012 foglight anytime mod ?-2011-11-20-15.21.19.jpg   2012 foglight anytime mod ?-2011-11-20-15.21.28.jpg  

2012 foglight anytime mod ?-2011-11-20-15.08.42.jpg  
Old 11-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #12
R.O.U.S.
RV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to behold
Army: Veteran - 154th Sig. Bn., USARSO Panama
Name: Paul
RV7Garage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeeboi View Post
Caribe makaira thought of even a cleaner way to wire it up for 2012 tacos.

There is no need to run the wire out of the small fuse box where the fog relay is since there are already 2 slots that are wired to ign power. They are the #2 slot (circled in green) and turn on/off with the ignition so you don't drain your battery. Suggested you use an inline fuse (1A will do) for extra protection.

So instead of running it to the Tail light relay in the large fuse box. just plug it into one of the available slots near the fog relay

This mod worked like a charm! I used a fuse harness from Radio Shack, 3A mini blade fuse, and wired it right up. Took maybe 20 minutes, and now I have fogs whenever I want 'm! No holes to drill, no mess of wires- out.fucking.standing!! . And, the lights turn off when the ignition is off. Now I just gotta figure out how to do away with the DRLs....
Old 12-01-2011, 05:05 AM   #13
r6hokie's Tacoma Gallery
I did mine like the previous post all within the small fuse box, I plugged in to the top left green circle as there was no wiring at the bottom right green circle.

I left my truck for a few hours yesterday and came back and my fog lights had come on even though I had my key in my pocket, so I will be finding another way to do it
Old 12-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #14
r6hokie's Tacoma Gallery
I have a v6 dc off road
Old 12-11-2011, 05:13 AM   #15
Tacoman12 is on a distinguished road
Army: Airborne Medic
Tacoman12's Tacoma Gallery
2012 tacoma harness for 4 cylinder?

Does anyone know if the 2012 Tacoma Access cab 4 cylinders have the harness for the fog lights? I know the earlier models of the 2nd generation did. I purchased my 2012 which is a 4x4 and has the SR5 option and the dealer said only the V6 had the option for fog lights. I can't seem to see any harness to add the switch and lights. Thanks
Old 12-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #16
Rossi396
Rossi396 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: A-10A Phase Maintenance
Name: Tony
Rossi396's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone verify that the slot shown in the top left green circle will also cause the fogs to come on after engine shut down in a V6 DC O/R...? (See comment below about 4 banger with bench seat)?

Thanks,

Rossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribe makaira View Post
So you have a 4 banger with bench seat?

The Air Pump Heater Relay activation side is in parallel with the "infamous" leak detect circuit which comes on for a few minutes after engine shut down.

So...Top Relay is an iffy no go for the 2012, unless you turn the circuit off upon engine shut down. Neat n tucked away, no wires pinched by cover or holes to make...
Old 01-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #18
mtnbiker310 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
mtnbiker310's Tacoma Gallery
im new to toyota and the tacoma, so this is all new to me and may be "dumb questions" but it seems that there really isnt a solid mod for this yet? I basically want to be able to have my fog beams on with my high beams or just run the fog lights only... please help
Old 01-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #19
MountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really nice

MountainDog's Tacoma Gallery
subbed...
Old 01-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #20
hanrock is on a distinguished road

Name: craig
hanrock's Tacoma Gallery
Smile hi

is ther any more news on this mod yet the relay box cover on my 2012 states the lower right relay is for seat heaters which is open on mine has any one tried this one yet with good results all info and comments would be helpfull thanx

Products Discussed in this Thread