Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Need help with instrument cluster

Old 11-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
awoit will become famous soon enough

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to awoit
Need help with instrument cluster

It has been a while since I first successfully put in my blue LEDs for my instrument cluster. I now have an issue with the lights on the gas gauge and temp not lighting up. Everything else is still blue cept for the right side and so my guess is that the leds are still connected correctly because the rest of my panel is working. Do I just need to solder on new LEDS for the ones that dont light up anymore because they have gone out? Just wanted to clarify before I go in for surgery
Old 11-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Is your Parking background light up? Prolly the temp led is loose they run in a circuit so if one is out then the other won't light
Old 11-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
awoit will become famous soon enough

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to awoit
Everything is still fine except for the two right LED's as well as the odometer which were put in with the rest of the blue
Attached Thumbnails
Need help with instrument cluster-imag0250.jpg  
Old 11-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
No your parking, reverse and drive background light is not lit. So you have three out. Those three are in the same circuit. So you have to find the loose led.

And your odometer has three if one is loose then they all won't work.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
Kaitacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
Kaitacoma's Tacoma Gallery
This is correct. Just did this mod myself and learned the hard way. Just look for the LED that has very little contact on the bottom and add some solder (to the end with the LED still attached.) The other issue could be that the LED metal connector was pulled out (very easy to do) which requires this LED to be replaced. Its a PITA since only one closes the circuit causing all of them to go out. You just to have to find the problem one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
No your parking, reverse and drive background light is not lit. So you have three out. Those three are in the same circuit. So you have to find the loose led.

And your odometer has three if one is loose then they all won't work.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #6
shane881510 is on a distinguished road
Marines: pfc
shane881510's Tacoma Gallery
I did my leds this week. all mine work beside the back ground lights. the needles an warning LEDs work but no back ground lights. does it matter which way the LEDs are pointed
Old 06-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane881510 View Post
does it matter which way the LEDs are pointed
yes, very much so!! the current can only go one w/ them!