Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

People w HID's. Like them or not

Old 11-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
chestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of light
chestnut35's Tacoma Gallery
People w HID's. Like them or not

I'm just curious as to whether people that have HID's on their tacomas are happy with them or not and whether people prefer 6000k or 8000k. I intend on buying some but wanted to hear peoples insight on if they like them oir not or have nay problems w them? Also wanted to know if anyone knew when or if there's going to be another group buy
Thanks for your help
Old 11-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Ask Paul (aka Slimcubby) if there will be new GB soon for those HIDs. Personally, 6000K is decent for night driving, just enough blue in the light for that "cool" factor, but not enough where you'll be losing usable light on the road. IMO, anything above 6000K and you'll lose a lot of visible light and you'll be attracting attention from the police as well as looking like a ricer.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
chestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of light
chestnut35's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info and help. much appreciated.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
Squirrel Mincer
1-3-2-4 has a spectacular aura about1-3-2-4 has a spectacular aura about
1-3-2-4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 1-3-2-4
I bought one of Paul's kits in the last group buy. It was the 4300K kit so the color was as white as you're going to get before going blue. The color difference was great, but I was unimpressed with the beam quality. To my eyes, the stock halogens provided a better pattern. The scattered light actually made my eyes strain, so after one night I sold them. I've had factory HIDs, so I can say with certainty that HIDs in reflector headlights aren't a suitable substitute.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #5
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-3-2-4 View Post
I bought one of Paul's kits in the last group buy. It was the 4300K kit so the color was as white as you're going to get before going blue. The color difference was great, but I was unimpressed with the beam quality. To my eyes, the stock halogens provided a better pattern. The scattered light actually made my eyes strain, so after one night I sold them. I've had factory HIDs, so I can say with certainty that HIDs in reflector headlights aren't a suitable substitute.

Thanks. You sure made up my mind...I was on the fence...but this helps..
Old 11-12-2008, 08:50 PM   #6
Vacuum Leaks
X-Travagant will become famous soon enoughX-Travagant will become famous soon enough
X-Travagant's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to X-Travagant
I have something in the works that is a happy medium between regular hids and full out retro fits.....definately a cleaner pattern and usable light with no scatter....
Old 11-13-2008, 04:24 AM   #7
Squirrel Mincer
1-3-2-4 has a spectacular aura about1-3-2-4 has a spectacular aura about
1-3-2-4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 1-3-2-4
^^Sounds like someone may be working on a HID projector conversion, eh? Let us know how you work it out. This is something I'd love to do, but time has been really short lately. If you can manage to squeeze two projectors in each housing, you'll be golden!
Old 11-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #8
Vacuum Leaks
X-Travagant will become famous soon enoughX-Travagant will become famous soon enough
X-Travagant's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to X-Travagant
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-3-2-4 View Post
^^Sounds like someone may be working on a HID projector conversion, eh? Let us know how you work it out. This is something I'd love to do, but time has been really short lately. If you can manage to squeeze two projectors in each housing, you'll be golden!

Not quite its a single projector with hi/lo function It floating around this board...
Old 11-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #9
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
If I were to do the HID, I would definitely be looking at the kits with a projector. There is a lot of info from X-travagant over here http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=18804