Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

1st gen ac/heat plate mod

Old 11-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Did you order the 4runner ac pannel?
Old 11-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #4
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Oh cool. Any particular methods or techniques you used or would recommend? Thanks

looks good BTW
Old 11-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
((( FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK , I SALUTE YOU )))
jazzystoy69 has a spectacular aura aboutjazzystoy69 has a spectacular aura aboutjazzystoy69 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Joseph
jazzystoy69's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
Oh cool. Any particular methods or techniques you used or would recommend? Thanks

looks good BTW
I used tweezers and a small pocket nife , Q tips to dip googone. first used pocket knife to peel the top layer off glue. be careful dont go to deep .take your time. when the glue starts to come up keep pushing it to one side . pluck glue with tweezer. this will make scraping the orange film easy. a drop of googone to clean before you start to scrape of the orange film with a small pocket knife. scrape gently and clean with alcohol. seems like alot but its not. u just need to take your time . Good luck If doesnt work. 2002 4runnerAC/HEAT plate. Thats how I looked at it.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!

I tried to do the scrape method, but it wasn't working too well for me. Then I tried a bit of nail polish remover and it worked too well (took off some of the white paint of the center temp control). At that point I stopped cuz it seemed like I was gonna F up the whole thing. Mayb I'l give it another shot soon...
Old 11-15-2011, 05:18 AM   #8
((( FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK , I SALUTE YOU )))
jazzystoy69 has a spectacular aura aboutjazzystoy69 has a spectacular aura aboutjazzystoy69 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Joseph
jazzystoy69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
Looks good!

I tried to do the scrape method, but it wasn't working too well for me. Then I tried a bit of nail polish remover and it worked too well (took off some of the white paint of the center temp control). At that point I stopped cuz it seemed like I was gonna F up the whole thing. Mayb I'l give it another shot soon...
ok ,for the white u F up use white out. you will need to hold it up in the light to trace it out . my girlfrend sugested nail polish but then she left to stores so I couldnt find it. Good Thing I guess. but I took a brake and touch it up. white out, then trace the little emblems. Dude take Ur time its so worth it. I cant get over how bad ass it came out. I wish I could help You. About the 4runner plate I think Ive also heard the same thing. not sure?