Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Taking a girl rabbit hunting, few questions!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #1
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Name: Jason
YoaterBoater's Tacoma Gallery
Taking a girl rabbit hunting, few questions!

I met this girl this past weekend and I found out she has mostly the same interests as me. Get this, she drives an 09 doublecab 4x4. Badass right? But we got to talking around the fire and she said she has always wanted to go rabbit hunting at night. This is on private land so no worries. We got in her truck and got to riding around the land and we saw a few rabbits but there wasnt enough light produced to get the range we needed. Im wanting to do the mesh grill and lights behind the grill. Where can I get the material for the grill? Arts and crafts stores, lowes, home depot? Also, how did yall wire your lights in to do so. I wanna go for a clean look rather than a half ass look. Thanks for any feedback!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
marry her, if she makes good sammiches. oh get the elusive elements light bar and some hid's. and get either a homeroshi or a grill craft.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
your title is very misleading
Old 11-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #4
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
x2
Old 11-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
marry her, if she makes good sammiches. oh get the elusive elements light bar and some hid's. and get either a homeroshi or a grill craft.
Thanks man, ill check into those!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
where is Homer?
i already brought him into this!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
your title is very misleading
Whats misleading about it? Im taking her hunting and have a few questions about lighting to make it better. This is in the lighting section haha.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Right on, I see he precuts all of his metal. Id kinda like to try and do it myself, just to see if i can. Do you know places that sell that kind of sheet metal?
Old 11-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #9
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
When I'm scouting hunting lands or looking for signs of other hunters being present I'll use one of these. It plugs into the 12v cigarette lighter ports and plenty bright.
Edit: Pic didn't post. Mine is the $15 Walmart special it's like this.
http://www.amazon.com/Brinkmann-QBea...d_sim_sbs_hi_6
Old 11-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #10
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoaterBoater View Post
Whats misleading about it? Im taking her hunting and have a few questions about lighting to make it better. This is in the lighting section haha.
yeah i know it is the lighting section but the title leans more towards the hunting section lol but do what everyone else has said. mount some hella's behind there with a light bar and do a HID conversion. here is a good link for that: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ow-w-pics.html
Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post

I'd be glad to provide an unprepared piece too... I've sold just strait mesh before...
Haha oh okay! What is your price for a prepared piece of the M0?
Old 11-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #13
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #14
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoaterBoater View Post
I met this girl this past weekend and I found out she has mostly the same interests as me. Get this, she drives an 09 doublecab 4x4. Badass right? But we got to talking around the fire and she said she has always wanted to go rabbit hunting at night. This is on private land so no worries. We got in her truck and got to riding around the land and we saw a few rabbits but there wasnt enough light produced to get the range we needed. Im wanting to do the mesh grill and lights behind the grill. Where can I get the material for the grill? Arts and crafts stores, lowes, home depot? Also, how did yall wire your lights in to do so. I wanna go for a clean look rather than a half ass look. Thanks for any feedback!
Save the money, buy a portable battery-operated spotlight/floodlight from Cabela's or something to throw light downrange. Lay out some blankets in the back of your truck. You're not going to be using the light for more than 30 minutes anyway.

In case the top part wasn't clear, let me translate:

"I wan't to go rabbit hunting at night" = "I want to fuck."
Old 11-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #15
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
Save the money, buy a portable battery-operated spotlight/floodlight from Cabela's or something to throw light downrange. Lay out some blankets in the back of your truck. You're not going to be using the light for more than 30 minutes anyway.

In case the top part wasn't clear, let me translate:

"I wan't to go rabbit hunting at night" = "I want to fuck."
Bwahaha, X2!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #16

Hahahaha guess its time I throw my air mattress in the bed?

I've got a light that hooks into the cig lighter. We are just gonna shine down the trails and see if we can't find a rabbit or a bobcat. Always wanted to shoot one haha
Old 11-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #17
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
I third the portable light. What if the rabbit isn't in front of the truck?

Costco sells that monster mega spot light that I believe is HID, so you could check that out too. It's massive, and probably very bright.

You can also get rifle/scope-mounted lights for night varmint hunting.

Any of those would be a lot cheaper, easier, and more effective for your plans. But, if you just want to go with the grille lights, go for it!

Products Discussed in this Thread