LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog Light Retrofit

Old 12-06-2011, 04:49 AM   #41
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Very nice work. loved the comments about the Captain, LOL.

Question:
Are the fog lights converted to driving lights with this mod? I am not sure due to the light beam cutoff possibilities with a projector.
These should be a fog pattern, low and really wide. I've got PIAA driving lights mounted up higher, these will hopefully be good foul weather lights.

The Captain was a carry over from my original post. I put up pictures of the TRS and everyone seemed more interested in the bottle of Captain in the back ground than the parts. IMO, the Captain is the most important part of the whole process. You gotta have a victory dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwhite10 View Post
sub'd. wana know how it turned out
Everything is dried up, I just need a free night to get it mounted up and tear apart the other one! Unfortunately I leave for work around 6 AM and get home around 8 or 9 PM so weekends are about the only time I have that it's still light out
Old 12-06-2011, 07:29 AM   #42
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post

Everything is dried up, I just need a free night to get it mounted up and tear apart the other one! Unfortunately I leave for work around 6 AM and get home around 8 or 9 PM so weekends are about the only time I have that it's still light out
Understandable, im in the same boat. Go to work early in the AM get off n its dark out or get off sit in traffic then its dark out
Old 12-06-2011, 07:37 AM   #44
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
yesssssssssir!
Did you do anything special with the ballasts? I'm just going to mount them as high as I can and in a place so they won't take direct contact from any road debris. I wasn't sure if I should seal them up or anything though, my gut says they're made for it and will be fine but if a little silicone will prolong their life, I'll gob them up
Old 12-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #45
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
nothing special at all.. i used the mounting hardware it came with and a self taping screw to screw into the side of the backing of the fog light (cone shaped)

Quote:
Did you do anything special with the ballasts? I'm just going to mount them as high as I can and in a place so they won't take direct contact from any road debris. I wasn't sure if I should seal them up or anything though, my gut says they're made for it and will be fine but if a little silicone will prolong their life, I'll gob them up
Old 12-07-2011, 06:13 AM   #46
Taco Sauce
Yota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of light
Yota Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:36 AM   #47

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Toy View Post
Looks great!
Thanks! Hopefully the tear down of the second housing starts tonight so I can get them mounted and wired this weekend

Plus I think if I make the kitchen my workshop too much longer, my girlfriend might take action...
Old 12-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #48
shweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant future

shweller's Tacoma Gallery
Your retro is coming out awesome, are you going to use the harness for TRS?I was going to do a plain OEM look retro but after seeing yours I am thinkingabout doing something crazier. Since I have a set of Morimotos on my headlightswith CCFLS, I was thinking of doing what you did except leaving it chrome andputting a CCFL ring on the inside of the outer edge of the reflector bowl.....
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...n-My-11-Tundra
Old 12-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #49

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shweller View Post
Your retro is coming out awesome, are you going to use the harness for TRS?I was going to do a plain OEM look retro but after seeing yours I am thinkingabout doing something crazier. Since I have a set of Morimotos on my headlightswith CCFLS, I was thinking of doing what you did except leaving it chrome andputting a CCFL ring on the inside of the outer edge of the reflector bowl.....
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...n-My-11-Tundra
Holy crap, that Tundra has LS460's and LS430's?!?!

I was hoping to get mine finished up this weekend but had to attend a funeral so, needless to say, I've been a little preoccupied. I should be able to get them most of the way done tomorrow. I don't plan on using the wiring that came with the projectors because the ballasts will plug directly into the existing fog light wiring (no need for redundant power supplies and relays in my opinion). I can't wait for these to be finished, I'm getting anxious!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #51
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Holy crap, that Tundra has LS460's and LS430's?!?!

I was hoping to get mine finished up this weekend but had to attend a funeral so, needless to say, I've been a little preoccupied. I should be able to get them most of the way done tomorrow. I don't plan on using the wiring that came with the projectors because the ballasts will plug directly into the existing fog light wiring (no need for redundant power supplies and relays in my opinion). I can't wait for these to be finished, I'm getting anxious!
Old 12-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #52

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
First light installed, ballast mounted and wired. Second light is well underway

I'll try to get night shots tonight. The came on pretty green looking so I'm hoping they'll yellow up once they get run in a bit. I did the return wire down mod and even in the day light, I have a nice, clean cut off and what will definitely be a very wide pattern. I think having the projectors sitting so far forward really gave me a nice wide beam pattern.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #53
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
he is running the ls430 and mini H1's not ls460's.

thats a nice quad set up if you have the room which most headlights need to be completely butchered to make them fit the ls430 is the widest beam you can get followed very closely by the ap1 s2k then the ls460.

i plan on running a quad set up on my tacoma i should be one of the first or
Old 12-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #54

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
he is running the ls430 and mini H1's not ls460's.

thats a nice quad set up if you have the room which most headlights need to be completely butchered to make them fit the ls430 is the widest beam you can get followed very closely by the ap1 s2k then the ls460.

i plan on running a quad set up on my tacoma i should be one of the first or
I can't wait to see a quad set up on a Tacoma!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #56
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i'm looking at running either ap1 s2k's another set of fx-r or i have sitting in my basement a brand new set of mini d2s and a brand new canbus harness lol.

i don't know if i want to spend another 500 in parts alone just to add light on the road i really don't even need lol.

i'm debating on wether or not i even want to wire them to be a true quad set-up or just use my existing arb switch and use them as fog lights with 3000k bulbs thats what i really want or run them as quads and just use a 3k bulb for the fogs.

either way it's going to be pretty nice i want to put something in the arb's that has more performance than the d2s but, price wise it makes more sense lol.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:00 AM   #58

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
looooooooooking great pugga wugga!!! make me want to chop mine up and get a shroud too
The light output is freaking great! Even with only the passenger light done, it lights up from the driver's side of the truck and well onto the shoulder. The second one is coming out a little better and should be done shortly. I just have to silicone on the lens to the housing, plug in the wiring and I'll have a complete set
Were yours green when you first fired them up? After being on for a few minutes they seem to yellow out a little bit but not much. I've heard about 'burning the bulbs in' but will that make them more yellow?

Hey Ant...
Old 12-13-2011, 06:22 AM   #59
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
HAHAHAH.....

yea they are greenish when you first turn em on... then after a while it turns yellow.i havent noticed a 'more' yellow since i first used it...... and i've been leaving the fogs light on always....

Quote:
The light output is freaking great! Even with only the passenger light done, it lights up from the driver's side of the truck and well onto the shoulder. The second one is coming out a little better and should be done shortly. I just have to silicone on the lens to the housing, plug in the wiring and I'll have a complete set
Were yours green when you first fired them up? After being on for a few minutes they seem to yellow out a little bit but not much. I've heard about 'burning the bulbs in' but will that make them more yellow?

Hey Ant...
Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #60

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
HAHAHAH.....

yea they are greenish when you first turn em on... then after a while it turns yellow.i havent noticed a 'more' yellow since i first used it...... and i've been leaving the fogs light on always....
Hopefully they change colors with time. Right now they're like slimer green, like really green. After about 5 - 10 minutes, they start to turn a greenish yellow but still a lot of green in them. If they don't change to yellow soon I'll be in contact with the friendly staff over at TRS, I'm not trying to recreate the Ghostbusters car here...