Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Projector housings from Asian sources

Old 11-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
nobackhair is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
nobackhair's Tacoma Gallery
Projector housings from Asian sources

Looking into new headlight casings. Talked to the lighting guy Bob at SDHQ yest. Informed me to play it safe by staying away from Any made in Asian countries, specifially China. Like the look of the Spyders. Don't know where they are made. Would like to know if anyone has knowledge of makers from other choices such as the good ol US of A.
Also I noticed when I used my h.lights on my recently puchased Taco they seems preety bright. Wondering if the previous owner did an upgrade. I can't ask him because I killed him. Just kidding! He won't answer phone due to all the lies he told me. If I knew how to identify a stock bulb I'd know.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Are you looking at something like this?

(not my truck)
Old 11-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
feel free to give me all parts of your truck thats made in Asia
Old 11-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobackhair View Post
Looking into new headlight casings. Talked to the lighting guy Bob at SDHQ yest. Informed me to play it safe by staying away from Any made in Asian countries, specifially China. Like the look of the Spyders. Don't know where they are made. Would like to know if anyone has knowledge of makers from other choices such as the good ol US of A.
Also I noticed when I used my h.lights on my recently puchased Taco they seems preety bright. Wondering if the previous owner did an upgrade. I can't ask him because I killed him. Just kidding! He won't answer phone due to all the lies he told me. If I knew how to identify a stock bulb I'd know.
Stock halogens are pretty bright on these trucks. Due to the relative pain in the ass it is to mount off road lights on the front of these trucks, I have not done so yet. I would love to have a little bit more on high beam, but honestly not a huge deal unless I am in the middle of eastern bumblefock in with large game moving around in the bushes.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Stock halogens are pretty bright on these trucks. Due to the relative pain in the ass it is to mount off road lights on the front of these trucks, I have not done so yet. I would love to have a little bit more on high beam, but honestly not a huge deal unless I am in the middle of eastern bumblefock in with large game moving around in the bushes.
I agree here w/ ya.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
feel free to give me all parts of your truck thats made in Asia
You know,,,, I don't know how to respond to this. I'll just be nice this time.
My wife is Asian whom I met in college to start with and I'm only refering to headlight casings and I'm just repeating what a sparky told me and I was told they leak as in take on water.
I'm trying to get use to these random responces that have no relevance to the issues at hand. I'm older than your grandfather and I remember when I had this type of additude. So no need to feel hostile over my return. I wore your shoes in the day. Maybe I'm misjudging. If I am, I apologize.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
Like the design. Alot. But not the tint. These look like the Spyder's. Like the look of the tint but it doesn't make sense to darker something that creates light. It's like covering up a flashlight with that bottle of beer in your other hand. I realize that's a bad simile but you get my point. Thanks for your help.