Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Headlight Adjustment

Old 11-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
Randy Y is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Randy Y's Tacoma Gallery
Headlight Adjustment

Just leveled out my 2010 , raised it 2.5" in front and now I am wondering if I need to adjust head lights down. Has anyone done this ? How to do it ? thanks
Old 11-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dane
4x4Taco09's Tacoma Gallery
There's two grey "bolt looking" screws on the backside of your headlight. The "washers" on them have teeth, this is for a big Phillips head screwdriver. Put the screwdriver behind it and twist. The top one is up and down. Bottom toward your fender is left to right. It's easy to do
Old 11-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Y View Post
raised it 2.5" ... adjust head lights down. How to do it ? thanks

HeadlightAdjustment
Old 11-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Taco09 View Post
There's two grey "bolt looking" screws on the backside of your headlight. The "washers" on them have teeth, this is for a big Phillips head screwdriver. Put the screwdriver behind it and twist. The top one is up and down. Bottom toward your fender is left to right. It's easy to do
i dunno bout you but my bottom screw goes up and down and top goes left and right.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dane
4x4Taco09's Tacoma Gallery
That's right. My bad, either way I hope he'd figure it out lol
Old 11-18-2011, 04:23 AM   #6
Randy Y is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Randy Y's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info !
Old 01-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
North Georgia Member
TacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoXtreme's Tacoma Gallery
yea the top one on mine (2011 tx) has a black plastic clip on it. Why i have no idea. be careful taking it off it breaks very easily.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
Great Job!!
Daytona Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: George
Daytona Taco's Tacoma Gallery
i know that clockwise is up, but is it the screw itself you turn clockwise, or the screwdriver??? thanks guys
Old 05-02-2013, 12:43 AM   #9
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona Taco View Post
i know that clockwise is up, but is it the screw itself you turn clockwise, or the screwdriver??? thanks guys
screwdriver i believe, mark the original position with a piece of masking tape on ur flat surface for reference.............long phillips driver from the top

and always end in a clockwise motion to lock in the setting..........or so the FSM says

Old 05-02-2013, 06:47 AM   #10
Great Job!!
Daytona Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: George
Daytona Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
screwdriver i believe, mark the original position with a piece of masking tape on ur flat surface for reference.............long phillips driver from the top

and always end in a clockwise motion to lock in the setting..........or so the FSM says

thank you very much man! appreciate the quick response.

new HIDs i put in were making me rage out