Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

FLYZEYE Designs V2W Installation Procedure (preliminary)

Old 11-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Name: Darren
flyzeye designs's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation FLYZEYE Designs V2W Installation Procedure (preliminary)

WARNING: Installtion of the V2W requires minor cutting and tapping into the Tacoma OEM harness for power/control. By purchasing a V2W, you the user, assume ALL liability for the quality of the installation. You, the user, assume ALL responsibility for ANY damage that may occur to your vehicle. You, the user, further assume ALL TOYOTA factory warranty consequences that may be incurred. You recognize that by installing a FLYZEYE Designs, LLC. TCMA-0511 V2W LED light, you may inadvertently void factory warranties and do so at your own risk. You also agree NOT to hold FLYZEYE Designs, LLC. responsible for ANY damages you may cause to your vehicle for ANY reason. By performing this or any updated future procedure from FLYZEYE Designs, LLC., you agree to assume ALL responsibility and liability for the proper installation as described herein.

Installing the V2W is reasonably straight forward and should take less than 30 minutes.

You will need: Businss Card (provided), a marking tool (such as a pen, pencil, etc.), side cutters, X-acto knife or similar cutting tool, safety glasses, pliers, and a digital volt meter (DVM). PLEASE use safety glasses during this installation primarily during the cutting steps to prevent eye injury. PLEASE read through and understand the entire procedure BEFORE attempting to perform. IF there are any questions, please contact us for clarification.

Step 1. Remove the trim panel(s) below the A/C vents.

Step 2. Carefully remove the HVAC control module.

Step 3. Disconnect the OEM harness plugs from the HVAC control module.

Step 4. Identify and confirm the dimmer circuit using a DVM. On the 2007-2008 models, the solid GREEN and GREEN with WHITE striped wires are used. Please confirm this color code on other year models BEFORE continuing.

Step 5. Prepare the V2W mounting plate as shown here. Note the color coding on the wires (GREEN & GREEN w/WHITE).

Step 6. Crimp the AMP connectors to the OEM harness dimmer circuit. Match the colors on the mouting plate to the OEM harness.

Note: Ensure a complete crimp for trouble-free connection. Do NOT cut the wires during the crimping process. Take your time.

Step 7. Mark the OEM stereo plastic panel as shown using an ordinary business card.

Step 8. Make a small notch using side cutters, a sharp X-acto knife, or similar tool. Cut ONLY the lower edge to ensure a clean installation. Please be careful during this step.

Step 9. Confirm the notch is slightly to the left of the business card as shown. Ensure a large enough notch for the wire pair to pass.

Step 10. Reconnect the HVAC control module and begin re-assembly.

Step 11. Gently feed the wired mounting plate into the dash ensuring no wires are strained or twisted. DO NOT peel the 3M liner at this time!

Step 12. Install the HVAC control module completely ensuring the mouting plate is NOT obstructing the installation. DO NOT peel the 3M liner at this time!

Step 13. Gently pull the mounting plate away from the HVAC control module enough to magnetically mount the LED assembly.

Step 14. Mount the LED assembly to the mounting plate at this time and peel the 3M liner.

Step 15. Carefully position the LED assmbly and mounting plate as far back as it will fit. Press firmly for a few seconds.

Step 16. Confirm the position.

Step 17. Test the unit: Turn ON the Tacoma Parking lights.
a. Move the 3-position slide switch to either the Primary (middle) or secondary (right) positions.
b. Adjust the TSDC contacts to full brightness.
c. Adjust the Tacoma dimmer circuit to confirm a proper wiring connection has been made.
d. Magnetically dismount the LED light from the mounting plate. It should still be on for remote lighting needs.

Step 18. Enjoy!
Old 11-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
Seems Pretty easy. Nice to know we will have a working dimmer on the halos. Any news on the release date?
Old 11-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Quote:
Originally Posted by supralight View Post
Seems Pretty easy. Nice to know we will have a working dimmer on the halos. Any news on the release date?
Expecting a formal release on 1 December. Please keep an eye on ourwebsite as we may end up selling the V2W sooner.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
USAFVol will become famous soon enoughUSAFVol will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Robins AFB
USAFVol's Tacoma Gallery
OK, forgive my ignorance on this. But I don't have much electrical experience and have a question.

After you identify the wiring, you will crimp the Grn&Wht on you light to the Grn&Wht on the harness and the same for the solid green?

And there is no cutting of the wire, just put the wire in and crimp it down thus causing the connection (Power?)

If it helps answer, I have a 2007. TIA

Saw your product as a battery powered unit and thought they were great, hoped to have a wired version.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Im sorry, really stupid question. But what exactly does it do?

From what ive gathered its something with headlights?
be gentle..
Old 11-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #8
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
RJ, its interior lighting at its finest
Oh! Gotchyaaa!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #9
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
You know i got to say you guys (Flyzeye) do a fine job with your hardware!!
I wouldn't mind buying one of these just to see your design.
Very nice looking product.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Thanks for checking us out and throwing the compliment! We sincerely do appreciate every single customer and potential customer. You guys are what make doing this worth it!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #11

Quote:
nice, i should check to see if the HVAC wirings are the same for my 2011..
Please do. If the color coding is the same, we'll expand our confirmations. We think the 2005-2011 are the same, but aren't 100% - yet.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #12
wes mantooth
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
I just got the model prior to this, that does not hook up to power, but I think I may try to wire it up.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
I just got the model prior to this, that does not hook up to power, but I think I may try to wire it up.
We do NOT recommend this ONLY b/c it's a 6V system. The V2W is a 12V system.

You are however, welcome to try but know that doing so will void all warranties. You might consider purchasing a V2W (as a repeat customer, you'll receive a loyalty discount of $10.00 off your order. No pressure here. Just FYI. Please contact me if you have any questions.

IF you do attempt to hardwire the V1, you will VERY likely need a new Graphic Overlay (we can get you one for a very reasonable price.

Additionally, the V1 will mount and function on the V2W mounting plate but not vice versa.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #14
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (krt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzeye designs View Post
Expecting a formal release on 1 December. Please keep an eye on ourwebsite as we may end up selling the V2W sooner.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #15
wes mantooth
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzeye designs View Post
We do NOT recommend this ONLY b/c it's a 6V system. The V2W is a 12V system.

You are however, welcome to try but know that doing so will void all warranties. You might consider purchasing a V2W (as a repeat customer, you'll receive a loyalty discount of $10.00 off your order. No pressure here. Just FYI. Please contact me if you have any questions.

IF you do attempt to hardwire the V1, you will VERY likely need a new Graphic Overlay (we can get you one for a very reasonable price.

Additionally, the V1 will mount and function on the V2W mounting plate but not vice versa.

There are not too many upgrades to do there, might look into in
Old 11-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFVol View Post
OK, forgive my ignorance on this. But I don't have much electrical experience and have a question.

After you identify the wiring, you will crimp the Grn&Wht on you light to the Grn&Wht on the harness and the same for the solid green?

And there is no cutting of the wire, just put the wire in and crimp it down thus causing the connection (Power?)

If it helps answer, I have a 2007. TIA

Saw your product as a battery powered unit and thought they were great, hoped to have a wired version.
In short, yes. Match the solid GREEN to the solid GREEN and GREEN-w/WHITE stripe to GREEN-w/WHITE stripe.

Caution: We have NOT confirmed this coding on ALL models. You may consider having a friend assist if you do not feel comfortable with the install.

Also, the V1 (battery operated model) was designed for those who do NOT want to cut, trim, crimp, or wire into their vehicle. No cutting or soldering of wires is needed - crimp only.

Something to consider as the V1 installs in seconds and lasts 6 months + depending on useage.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #17
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
RJ, its interior lighting at its finest

maybe I missed something...
what's it do? not having any luck searching
Old 11-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post
maybe I missed something...
what's it do? not having any luck searching
Both the V1 and V2W are designed as Dual-Color, Touch-Sensitively Dimmable, Accent lighting for the Tacoma Center Console area.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #19

Additional Information: General (V1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BT7pKrvHPI