Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Hideaway Strobes?

Old 11-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Hideaway Strobes?

I just purchased a set of hideaway strobe lights for my truck to better assist in visibility when I'm helping with races.

I would like to know if anybody has installed these in a Tacoma and where?

Pics if possible.

Here is a link to the set of strobes that I bought.

https://www.speedtechlights.com/prod...&catid=9&id=58

I got them all taken care of!

http://youtu.be/XlKFUXxaLWs
Old 11-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #3
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
you probably have to drill into the headlight housings
Old 11-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by leveltwo View Post
you probably have to drill into the headlight housings
Understood, but where in the housing?
Old 11-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
the tacoma headlights are not good for inserting light like that as they are round. it makes it hard to seal them. basically you want to get the tip close to the center of the chrome area.

also, led lights are way better. they are cheaper, brighter, last longer, and drain less battery. and also dont require the control box (most have them built in).
Old 11-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
huh...idk do you want them all around your car or just in the front? if just in front, why not just throw em behind that satoshi, maybe put em not directly behind the grill, but tucked like they were gonna go behind but move them down so they are gidden by the surround and then face them up
Awesome f'ing idea! Thanks!
Old 11-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
the headlights are very difficult to do but i have seen them done in the main large section, its poor lighting when the headlights are on. The rears can be placed in your reverse easily. You can also put the strobes in the fogs if youre very careful with the clearance so you you dont touch the fog bulb.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #8
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_e View Post
the headlights are very difficult to do but i have seen them done in the main large section, its poor lighting when the headlights are on. The rears can be placed in your reverse easily. You can also put the strobes in the fogs if youre very careful with the clearance so you you dont touch the fog bulb.
Yea I got the tails in. Headlight I think is figured out. Fogs will be iffy because I have HID bulbs in then so they are longer than stock.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #9
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Keep us posted on where you put them. I've had a fear of being struck when parked on the side of the road reading a map or talking/texting on the phone. I have seen whelan e-equipment and figure a guy would just have to strobe his truck where the law enforcement does. In the tail-lights-tag light etc. Not sure where they should be placed...
Old 11-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #10
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
bottom left corner of housing, towards the grill.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #11
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
I messed up one tail. I drilled in bottom of reverse light further outside but the pocket has metal there that interfered with the back end of strobe. The other side I corrected. Mounted it in same area but closer to tailgate side. There's a perfect pocket in the metal to accommodate the back of the bulb.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #12
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery

Thats an led hideaway mounted with hids. They hids started melting the hideaway a bit even with a half inch clearance.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
I've got PIAA 510 as fogs. Housing is even smaller!
Old 11-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #15
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yea DWreck that would make me feel alot better! IS there any reason you went white vs yellow. I think someone told me amber can be seen further...this is a mod that will be done when I get the new one....
Old 11-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #16
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
I actually got white for tails, white for heads and yellow for fogs. More can always be added!
Old 11-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #17
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/NcVwkDt764k

Yellow in the top

Clear in the bottom
Old 03-31-2012, 04:44 AM   #18
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
BUMP this thread, does anyone have these in their first gen? I would like to see...
Old 03-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #19
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
BUMP this thread, does anyone have these in their first gen? I would like to see...
It looks like he has wig-wags in his tails...

http://youtu.be/e2_MfFUoXaI
Old 03-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #20
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
lol thanks!