Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Newb Lens restore kit question.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
eagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
eagle5521's Tacoma Gallery
Normally their are several at the general auto part stores. I have used two kits on vehicles and never had a problem or a sore arm.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #5
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
I just tried the Mother's kit with the Powerball (drill attachment) on my wife's Jetta. Awesome. $20 at O'Reilly.

They were in terrible shape, and really most of the restoration came from the sanding pads (4 different grits, 2 per pad) rather than the drill attachment. It is basically wet sanding by hand, and the powerball is for polishing afterward.

This is the kit:
http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-PowerB.../dp/B00341MIAW
Attached Thumbnails
Newb Lens restore kit question.-dsc08416.jpg   Newb Lens restore kit question.-dsc08420.jpg   Newb Lens restore kit question.-dsc08421.jpg  
Old 11-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #6
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
I need to do this to my lights. Might do it tomorow they looks like shit!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=scocar;4075515]I just tried the Mother's kit with the Powerball (drill attachment) on my wife's Jetta. Awesome. $20 at O'Reilly.

They were in terrible shape, and really most of the restoration came from the sanding pads (4 different grits, 2 per pad) rather than the drill attachment. It is basically wet sanding by hand, and the powerball is for polishing afterward.

This is the kit:
http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-PowerB...IAW[/QUOTE]

X2 Used the Mothers kit on my sons 99 camry worked great. Done in about 10 minutes.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #9
Major91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Major91's Tacoma Gallery
I used tooth paste and a buffer w/drill came out awesome....and minty fresh i may say on the wifes car........
Old 11-23-2011, 07:56 AM   #10
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
I have used this one and it works great, all I've put it on with is a microfiber towel.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #13
423Mram is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
423Mram's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YodasYota View Post
here are some before and after pics of the the turtle wax kit no drill required. $8 at target.
They came out great! I'm going to have to keep this product in mind if my headlights ever need it done.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #16
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YodasYota View Post
I wana say 30 minutes. Pretty satisfied with the results. Thanks for the info. Forsure worth the $8
Score. Nice job.

Products Discussed in this Thread