LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Retrofit's are not turning on

Old 11-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
This is where I write something clever
chris duby is a glorious beacon of lightchris duby is a glorious beacon of lightchris duby is a glorious beacon of lightchris duby is a glorious beacon of lightchris duby is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Chris
chris duby's Tacoma Gallery
Retrofit's are not turning on

I just recently bought some retrofit projector headlights already made and have them hooked up and they're not turning on. Only the blinkers are turning on but no low/high beams. I may not have them wired up correctly and I really need some help.

Can someone maybe post up a wiring diagram?
Old 11-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Just snap a pic of what you have going on, and I will help you where I can. I don't think there is a "wiring diagram" for it. The ballasts and bulbs are pretty much plug and play.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
chris duby is a glorious beacon of lightchris duby is a glorious beacon of lightchris duby is a glorious beacon of lightchris duby is a glorious beacon of lightchris duby is a glorious beacon of light

Here is the wiring relay and the ground is right next to it. I sanded off the paint for the ground and used a carbon steel washer. The relay is wired directly to the battery with a 20 amp in line good fuse. Then the relay runs to the both ballast, a little wire running out the back of both headlights, two grounds and to the driver side stock 3 prong harness.

Here is the back of the headlight (before the rubber seal) that runs to the ballast and to the relay

The Retrofit's did not come with a ballast so I just used mine from my other HID's... this may also be the problem.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #8
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Try a pep boys (or whatever there is in TX) they might have relays in stock to be used with aftermarket fog lights kits.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #9
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Try switching the wire connections between the high/low solenoid and the ballist. You could have the connections backwards. Did the person you bought them from test the lights with the wiring harness provided?
Old 11-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #10
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Wire Harness Wiring

Chris,

The Wire harness has 2 sides.

Drivers Side (has the relay and in-line fuse) - has 3 prong for factory headlight connector, has connector for HID Ballast, has connector for projector motor, has a positive and negative.

First connect the positive and negative wires directly to the battery (positive to + terminal and negative to - terminal). Connect the 3 prong factory connection, connect the ballast, then connect the projector motor wire. Done.

Passenger side (has 2 connections and ground wire) - the key on this side is find a good ground if you locate the power steering fluid recepticle there is a wire that is grounded, this is your ground point. Now connect the HID Ballast to the connector and the projector wire to the connector. Done.

At this point you should atleast have your HIDs on Low Beam coming on, flip the switch and check if your high beams work. If you do not have the low beams come on switch the ballast if that still doesnt work, re-check your grounds.

If may very well be the ground that is on the passenger side, strip it and try it bare wire.

If it still doesn't work it might be your Ballast.

Hope this helps.

J
Old 11-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muy Grande View Post
Chris,

The Wire harness has 2 sides.

Drivers Side (has the relay and in-line fuse) - has 3 prong for factory headlight connector, has connector for HID Ballast, has connector for projector motor, has a positive and negative.

First connect the positive and negative wires directly to the battery (positive to + terminal and negative to - terminal). Connect the 3 prong factory connection, connect the ballast, then connect the projector motor wire. Done.

Passenger side (has 2 connections and ground wire) - the key on this side is find a good ground if you locate the power steering fluid recepticle there is a wire that is grounded, this is your ground point. Now connect the HID Ballast to the connector and the projector wire to the connector. Done.

At this point you should atleast have your HIDs on Low Beam coming on, flip the switch and check if your high beams work. If you do not have the low beams come on switch the ballast if that still doesnt work, re-check your grounds.

If may very well be the ground that is on the passenger side, strip it and try it bare wire.

If it still doesn't work it might be your Ballast.

Hope this helps.

J
Thanks John for the phone call and all the help

We found out it was the relay so I just bypassed it for now until I get a new one. I'm loving these projectors... nothing else compares to them.