Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Which HID do I need with this headlight?

Old 11-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
Which HID do I need with this headlight?

Do I need an H1 with this light or something else?

Old 11-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
None. You put HID's in HID projectors so that you dont have glare and blind other people on the road
Old 11-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #5

So, since these are not HID projectors, can I put HID projectors in here and then add the HID light?
Old 12-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Yes. The beam pattern is usually crap though.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeacsWFU23 View Post
So, since these are not HID projectors, can I put HID projectors in here and then add the HID light?
You can put HID's in there they just won't work as well as real HID projectors. As well everyone on this site will jump down your throat for not using real HID projectors.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #8
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
You can put HID's in there they just won't work as well as real HID projectors. As well everyone on this site will jump down your throat for not using real HID projectors.

yet i see a lot of these guys with HIDs in their stock headlights lol makes no sense
Old 12-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #9

i am looking at the fx-r stage 4 retrofit kit, can i not use this or my stock headlight?
Old 12-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #10
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLift37 View Post
yet i see a lot of these guys with HIDs in their stock headlights lol makes no sense
I run HID's in my stock lights. Better than non HID bulbs in the stock lights, don't care about anyone else on the road at all anymore. I can't stand the look of those ebay projectors.

I know, let the bashing begin about how bad it is and all that other bullshit.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
you'll have to retrofit the projectors into your stock headlight if thats what your wondering?

ok, so i would not be able to take out the projectors in this aftermarket light and add the fx-r?
Old 12-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Too bad HID in reflective housings do nothing. They look brighter because they glare. So you say ok I'll aim them down so they don't glare. By doing that you lose lighting distance. In the end it is just another fad. I had HIDs in my quad headlight but I only got them to improve my vision when riding at night. Come to find out they made vision worse. I pulled them out last weekend and they will be for sale soon. An actual housing designed for HIDs is much more useful.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
i wouldnt try it.. fx-r looks like it would be too big for those ebay projectors...

if you're planning on retrofitting, why dont you retrofit your stock set?
I like the LED lights on the side/bottom of this light, something different, but then again I want to do an HID light the CORRECT way. I also HATE the chrome housing in my stock light. I also like the angel eye in this light.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #17
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Too bad HID in reflective housings do nothing. They look brighter because they glare. So you say ok I'll aim them down so they don't glare. By doing that you lose lighting distance. In the end it is just another fad. I had HIDs in my quad headlight but I only got them to improve my vision when riding at night. Come to find out they made vision worse. I pulled them out last weekend and they will be for sale soon. An actual housing designed for HIDs is much more useful.
I fully understand how projectors work and how HID's work etc.

Either way, the light output is brighter than a stock bulb in a stock head lamp. Not sure how anyone can argue with this.. Pull out to the middle of nowhere, put in stock bulbs vs hid's and its much different. When we first got HID's in my 1996 acura RL the light output was amazing vs stock bulbs. My buddy's chevy truck - same way.

And I agree the housing is more useful, more legal, and much safer. If someone wants to build a set for me to put in my truck for free, sure i'll run them. But no way in hell am i paying 750$ to put something in my truck which I think makes it looks worse than stock, for other people's sake that I don't know or give a shit about.

As for pointing them down, I did just a little bit and I still see plenty of the road at night when I was out in the middle of nowhere.

Someone can figure out how to do retro-fits for under 100$, I'd think about it. I've seen the light output and its nice.. But to me, its still ugly looking..

Call me an asshole, I really don't give a shit about other people on the road. Odds are someone on here was the asshole who ran me over in their tacoma 3 years ago and drove off leaving me in the middle of the road.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #18
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
None. You put HID's in HID projectors so that you dont have glare and blind other people on the road
This.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I fully understand how projectors work and how HID's work etc.

Either way, the light output is brighter than a stock bulb in a stock head lamp. Not sure how anyone can argue with this.. Pull out to the middle of nowhere, put in stock bulbs vs hid's and its much different. When we first got HID's in my 1996 acura RL the light output was amazing vs stock bulbs. My buddy's chevy truck - same way.

And I agree the housing is more useful, more legal, and much safer. If someone wants to build a set for me to put in my truck for free, sure i'll run them. But no way in hell am i paying 750$ to put something in my truck which I think makes it looks worse than stock, for other people's sake that I don't know or give a shit about.

As for pointing them down, I did just a little bit and I still see plenty of the road at night when I was out in the middle of nowhere.

Someone can figure out how to do retro-fits for under 100$, I'd think about it. I've seen the light output and its nice.. But to me, its still ugly looking..

Call me an asshole, I really don't give a shit about other people on the road. Odds are someone on here was the asshole who ran me over in their tacoma 3 years ago and drove off leaving me in the middle of the road.
It sounds like you don't know what you are talking about. HIDs only look brighter because they are lighting up everything up close that normally isn't lit up with normal lights. So that dog you are about is brighter when it is 2 feet in front but it wasn't any brighter when it was 20 feet away.

And you will run into yourself on the road one day. It will be epic and we will all laugh.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #20
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
It sounds like you don't know what you are talking about. HIDs only look brighter because they are lighting up everything up close that normally isn't lit up with normal lights. So that dog you are about is brighter when it is 2 feet in front but it wasn't any brighter when it was 20 feet away.
Sure thing, whatever you say. I know nothing oh wise master of HID's, you are god.

And been running HID's in all my bikes/cars/trucks since 2006, haven't 'ran myself off the road' I pay attention when I drive.

Sorry to the OP for thread jacking here.