1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED cupholder and Center Console mod....

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ETaco23, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Nov 26, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Finally got my LED's in... went with Oznium's pre-wired LED's

1- 5mm orange/amber 1- 5mm Blue.. Took some time to figure it out and get it all wired in, but got it done and im verry pleased with it.. Also got the illuminated 4x4 switch done at the same time....

Only came across a few doh!!!! moments, like messing up one of my holes, good thing it was inside the console.. :D

heres some crappy photos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love the light output of these, still not sure on the blue one. kinda wish it was amber, but it may grow on me.... ("there aint no way im redoing that") :)

ripkinc and Ano'ai808 like this.
  2. Nov 29, 2011 at 9:45 AM
    cverneau

cverneau Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Cheshire, CT.
    Vehicle:
    11 Access Cab 4cyl 4x4 Auto
    AVS In-Channel Window Deflectors, AVS Rear Window Sun/Rain Deflector, EGR Front Hood Deflector, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Liners With TRD Off Road Decals, TonnoPro Tri-Fold Cover, Coverking Black Neoprene Front Seat Covers & Front & Rear Center Console Covers, Black With Red Stitched TRD Head Rest Covers, Rear Grey Neoprene Wet Okole Seat Covers, Black Front Door Handle Pull Covers, Husky Custom Molded Mud Flaps, Devil Horns Of Fire On Satoshi, 7" Off Road Lights Mounted Behind Grill, Pop N Lock 5300, Seatbelt Chime Off, Interior & Exterior Led's, Cubby & Drink Holder Amber LED's, Infinity Reference #9633 6X9 Front Speakers, Solar-Gard HP Smoke 35% Tint, De-badged & Pinstripe Removal, Sun Visor Stickers Removed, Illuminated 4x4 Switch, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Ultragauge, TRD Aluminum Skid Plate, Bed Storage Cubby Locks Mod, Additional D-Rings In Bed, Rubber Bed Mat, Intermittent Wiper Stalk, Black Vinyl Arm Rest Mod, Secondary Air Filter Removal Mod, Spare Tire Rod Alignment Tube Mod, 14" Antenna Mod, Tailgate Theft Mod, DTRL Wire Jumper Mod, Parking Lights As Turn Signals Mod, Under Hood LED Strip Lighting Mod, 30 Watt Reverse Bulbs, PIAA 510's With LED's In Fog Locations, Cree LED Flood lights In Rear Bumper, Burner Bedlights In Bed Cubby's, Avid Light Bar, Horn Relocation Mod, Rear TSB Springs, Bilstein 5100's on all four corners - front set at 0.85", Cooper Discoverer ATP - 265-75R/16, Pioneer AVH-X3700BHS Head Unit With Microbypass, Added USB Charging Ports Under Dash.
    I'm gonna ask what might be a stupid question...

I've been thinking about doing something like this, but I don't know if the LED's are dimmable. If you tap into the dash illumination like we do with the 4x4 switch, will they dim with the dash lights??

If they do, what exactly did you use and where did you tap into??

3. Nov 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    4x4Taco09

4x4Taco09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport 4x4 BSP DC LB
    Kings, Deavers, Brute Force, Prinsu, Lights, all the stuff
    You could do that easy enough all you'd have to do is tap into the back of the HVAC controls where the 4x4 switch taps into

4. Nov 29, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    cverneau

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Cheshire, CT.
    Vehicle:
    AVS In-Channel Window Deflectors, AVS Rear Window Sun/Rain Deflector, EGR Front Hood Deflector, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Liners With TRD Off Road Decals, TonnoPro Tri-Fold Cover, Coverking Black Neoprene Front Seat Covers & Front & Rear Center Console Covers, Black With Red Stitched TRD Head Rest Covers, Rear Grey Neoprene Wet Okole Seat Covers, Black Front Door Handle Pull Covers, Husky Custom Molded Mud Flaps, Devil Horns Of Fire On Satoshi, 7" Off Road Lights Mounted Behind Grill, Pop N Lock 5300, Seatbelt Chime Off, Interior & Exterior Led's, Cubby & Drink Holder Amber LED's, Infinity Reference #9633 6X9 Front Speakers, Solar-Gard HP Smoke 35% Tint, De-badged & Pinstripe Removal, Sun Visor Stickers Removed, Illuminated 4x4 Switch, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Ultragauge, TRD Aluminum Skid Plate, Bed Storage Cubby Locks Mod, Additional D-Rings In Bed, Rubber Bed Mat, Intermittent Wiper Stalk, Black Vinyl Arm Rest Mod, Secondary Air Filter Removal Mod, Spare Tire Rod Alignment Tube Mod, 14" Antenna Mod, Tailgate Theft Mod, DTRL Wire Jumper Mod, Parking Lights As Turn Signals Mod, Under Hood LED Strip Lighting Mod, 30 Watt Reverse Bulbs, PIAA 510's With LED's In Fog Locations, Cree LED Flood lights In Rear Bumper, Burner Bedlights In Bed Cubby's, Avid Light Bar, Horn Relocation Mod, Rear TSB Springs, Bilstein 5100's on all four corners - front set at 0.85", Cooper Discoverer ATP - 265-75R/16, Pioneer AVH-X3700BHS Head Unit With Microbypass, Added USB Charging Ports Under Dash.
    I just found these at Oznium and they are dimmable. The only problem is there are no holders or mounts to hold these leds - you just pop them through a hole that you make. That shouldn't be much of a problem as something can always be modded up to maount them...

5. Nov 29, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    I bought some a few years ago and they actualy came with little plastic gromets to fit into for mounting. Im not sure if the new ones I orderd did or not, Ill check tonight.

see the little black piece
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Nov 29, 2011 at 1:30 PM
    saundern

saundern Swerve for nothing

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Simpsonville, SC
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport
    did you just run a switch to turn them on and off?

7. Nov 29, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Mine are the pre-wired LED's from Oznium... I just drilled a hole a little smaller then the LED and then super glued/crazy glued them in place... Works great! there ganna need alot of force to pop them out...

I tapped into the light for the auto shift selector. which is dimable and comes on with the headlights... If you have a 5speed/6speed you have to tap into the AC controls. (solid green wire, and Green w/ white wire).....

8. Nov 30, 2011 at 4:52 AM
    cverneau

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Cheshire, CT.
    Vehicle:
    I'm gonna order some today. I'm gonna mount one in the center switch blank under the AC controls (my center one is blank on my 2011 and is recessed enough to not worry about hitting it) and one in the little cubby to the left of the steering wheel right above my right knee. I've already tapped into the AC harness for the 4x4 switch, so this should be really easy. I've been waiting for the group buy on the Flyzeye wired LED bar which mounts above the AC controls, but they aren't manufacturing them in black until early next year. The only thing that kept me from doing this earlier was I didn't know if the LED's were dimmable.
    Thanks OP!!

9. Nov 30, 2011 at 6:43 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    I looked at the lights that I have now and they didnt have the little black plastic mounting pieces and the wires are super short compared to my old set.

10. Feb 16, 2017 at 11:33 AM
    Ano'ai808

Ano'ai808 HoloHolo Kalaka

Member:
    First Name:
    Ano'ai
    Kahului
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD sport
    2.5 fox 3-4in front/rear Dirt king fab LCA/UCA Locked rear bumps OME leaf pack ARB air 15%-5%tints
    What wires do I hook everything up to

11. Mar 7, 2017 at 10:28 AM
    hemitruk

hemitruk Old man , young boi truk

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab Sport,
    A few

Products Discussed in