Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED cupholder and Center Console mod....

Old 11-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
LED cupholder and Center Console mod....

Finally got my LED's in... went with Oznium's pre-wired LED's

1- 5mm orange/amber 1- 5mm Blue.. Took some time to figure it out and get it all wired in, but got it done and im verry pleased with it.. Also got the illuminated 4x4 switch done at the same time....

Only came across a few doh!!!! moments, like messing up one of my holes, good thing it was inside the console..

heres some crappy photos!

Love the light output of these, still not sure on the blue one. kinda wish it was amber, but it may grow on me.... ("there aint no way im redoing that")
Old 11-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
cverneau is on a distinguished road

Name: Craig
cverneau's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna ask what might be a stupid question...

I've been thinking about doing something like this, but I don't know if the LED's are dimmable. If you tap into the dash illumination like we do with the 4x4 switch, will they dim with the dash lights??

If they do, what exactly did you use and where did you tap into??
Old 11-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dane
4x4Taco09's Tacoma Gallery
You could do that easy enough all you'd have to do is tap into the back of the HVAC controls where the 4x4 switch taps into
Old 11-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cverneau View Post
I just found these at Oznium and they are dimmable. The only problem is there are no holders or mounts to hold these leds - you just pop them through a hole that you make. That shouldn't be much of a problem as something can always be modded up to maount them...
I bought some a few years ago and they actualy came with little plastic gromets to fit into for mounting. Im not sure if the new ones I orderd did or not, Ill check tonight.

see the little black piece

Old 11-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #6
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
did you just run a switch to turn them on and off?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are the pre-wired LED's from Oznium... I just drilled a hole a little smaller then the LED and then super glued/crazy glued them in place... Works great! there ganna need alot of force to pop them out...

I tapped into the light for the auto shift selector. which is dimable and comes on with the headlights... If you have a 5speed/6speed you have to tap into the AC controls. (solid green wire, and Green w/ white wire).....
Old 11-30-2011, 04:52 AM   #8
cverneau is on a distinguished road

Name: Craig
cverneau's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna order some today. I'm gonna mount one in the center switch blank under the AC controls (my center one is blank on my 2011 and is recessed enough to not worry about hitting it) and one in the little cubby to the left of the steering wheel right above my right knee. I've already tapped into the AC harness for the 4x4 switch, so this should be really easy. I've been waiting for the group buy on the Flyzeye wired LED bar which mounts above the AC controls, but they aren't manufacturing them in black until early next year. The only thing that kept me from doing this earlier was I didn't know if the LED's were dimmable.
Thanks OP!!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:43 AM   #9
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at the lights that I have now and they didnt have the little black plastic mounting pieces and the wires are super short compared to my old set.