Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED in cup holders 01

Old 11-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
LED in cup holders 01

Has anybody put LEDs in the cup holders of their 2001 Tacoma? I really want to do it and what would be the cost for everything?
Old 11-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
It's not to hard to do and fairly inexpensive
I used these
http://www.oznium.com/prewired-surface-mount-led
Old 11-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
I used these
x2 on this ^^^...but i installed them onto a honda civic
Old 11-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I used these
Thanks. Those are tiny! Electricity is not my strength, so how would you wire them so they work with the rest of the cabin lights when the headlights are turned on?
Old 11-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
If you want them to turn on when the headlights and cabin light then splice into on of your cabin lights. I don't know if 1st gens have the light by the shifter. But that's what I used.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #6

Quote:
If you want them to turn on when the headlights and cabin light then splice into on of your cabin lights. I don't know if 1st gens have the light by the shifter. But that's what I used.
Okay. And they seem really bright. Are they excessively bright for driving at night? or does it just seem like that from the pictures
Old 11-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #7
They are bright. But they don't distract your vision.

I used two and it was SO bright if your gunna do the cup holder only do one. I moved mine under the dash for pilot lighting.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #8

Was that what you were talking about for the cabin lights? And my cup holders are separate so I would have to do 2 if i wanted the lights in the holders
Attached Thumbnails
LED in cup holders 01-img_0144.jpg   LED in cup holders 01-img_0145.jpg  
Old 11-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
All cabin lights that turn on with your head light are looped together. So fine a pair that are in the loop and tap into it. That's why I asked if there was a light by the shifter.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #14
Yes they bright but remember if you dim them then your cluster also dims. Because your in the same circuit loop. If you wire them alone and put in a switch then they will not dim.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Yes they bright but remember if you dim them then your cluster also dims. Because your in the same circuit loop. If you wire them alone and put in a switch then they will not dim.
yeah i realize that, i dim the cluster pretty low when on country highways so i wouldn't want really a low cluster with really bright LEDs
Old 11-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #16

And also, In the Tundra we have there is an LED in the bottom/back of the rear-view mirror that shines down over the dash/console area. Would these lights work there or again, do you think they would be too bright near the windshield?
Old 11-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #17
I think those on the tundra would be to bright. Any thing near the windshield would distract your vision.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #18

Quote:
I think those on the tundra would be to bright. Any thing near the windshield would distract your vision.
Okay. The tundra one is very very dim. but you can see where to put your cup at night!