Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Lighting Question

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
SNWMN209 [OP] SNWMN209 is offline
"Welp...see ya in the shit.."
SNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud of
 
SNWMN209's Avatar
Air Force: 134th ARW Boom Operator
Joined: Sep 2009, #23396
Location: Knoxville, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 158
SNWMN209's Tacoma Gallery
Lighting Question

Hey guys and gals. I will be installing 2 off road lights as soon as I get the bar...and figure out what I want. I have been looking on eGay, and found some Hella Black Magic lights that would look good with my color scheme (black/silver), but I also have the Slim HID kit installed. I guess what im asking is does anyone have some pics of their rig with HID heads and "normal" 4x4 lights? Any input would be great. Thanks.

Jared
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
Senior Member
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
David K's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2009, #18969
Location: San Marcos, Alta California
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,908
David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNWMN209 View Post
Hey guys and gals. I will be installing 2 off road lights as soon as I get the bar...and figure out what I want. I have been looking on eGay, and found some Hella Black Magic lights that would look good with my color scheme (black/silver), but I also have the Slim HID kit installed. I guess what im asking is does anyone have some pics of their rig with HID heads and "normal" 4x4 lights? Any input would be great. Thanks.

Jared
Not sure if I am any help, as the question isn't clear to me... I have "normal" 4x4 lights (2 Hella 4000, 2 Kragen HIDs). I converted the 2 Hellas from 100 watt halogen to 35 watt/ 5000K HIDs. My Tacoma headlights are untouched halogens. See the sig. photo on the left... search my posts here in the lighting forum for a lot more photos.

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
SNWMN209 [OP] SNWMN209 is offline
"Welp...see ya in the shit.."
SNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud of
 
SNWMN209's Avatar
Air Force: 134th ARW Boom Operator
Joined: Sep 2009, #23396
Location: Knoxville, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 158
SNWMN209's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man! Your pic is pretty much what i needed to see, the only difference is my headlights are HID and my Hellas wouldnt be. Do you know if there is a thread that gives instructions on how to convert the Hellas if I ever decide to?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
Senior Member
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
David K's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2009, #18969
Location: San Marcos, Alta California
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,908
David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNWMN209 View Post
Thanks man! Your pic is pretty much what i needed to see, the only difference is my headlights are HID and my Hellas wouldnt be. Do you know if there is a thread that gives instructions on how to convert the Hellas if I ever decide to?
Just find where I posted about doing it... Went to GG Lighting and a 'nice' guy (Cody) did the conversion in his parents' garage... When I got home (60 miles away) one of the balasts blew up... he sent me a new one... and the bulbs 4300K were not as white as I liked, so he was to send me 5000Ks, but he sent really blue ones he said were 6000 on accident, but they were probably 8000! Well... after a month, someone took over for Cody (who went silent after the fails) and we got better 5000s. The only issue is the lights flicker when warm... like a candle in a breeze when viewed them lighting a wall... Just cheap junk. So, spend a bit more for quality is my advice.

The slim ballast fits inside the 4000 Hella lamp. Let me know if you can't find my Hella 4000 conversion posts...

David
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
SNWMN209 [OP] SNWMN209 is offline
"Welp...see ya in the shit.."
SNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud of
 
SNWMN209's Avatar
Air Force: 134th ARW Boom Operator
Joined: Sep 2009, #23396
Location: Knoxville, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 158
SNWMN209's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Just find where I posted about doing it... Went to GG Lighting and a 'nice' guy (Cody) did the conversion in his parents' garage... When I got home (60 miles away) one of the balasts blew up... he sent me a new one... and the bulbs 4300K were not as white as I liked, so he was to send me 5000Ks, but he sent really blue ones he said were 6000 on accident, but they were probably 8000! Well... after a month, someone took over for Cody (who went silent after the fails) and we got better 5000s. The only issue is the lights flicker when warm... like a candle in a breeze when viewed them lighting a wall... Just cheap junk. So, spend a bit more for quality is my advice.

The slim ballast fits inside the 4000 Hella lamp. Let me know if you can't find my Hella 4000 conversion posts...

David
Yeah i thought about going the cheaper route, but my better judgement set in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
SNWMN209 [OP] SNWMN209 is offline
"Welp...see ya in the shit.."
SNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud of
 
SNWMN209's Avatar
Air Force: 134th ARW Boom Operator
Joined: Sep 2009, #23396
Location: Knoxville, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 158
SNWMN209's Tacoma Gallery
Shweller, I really like those headlights! I wish i wouldnt see all these cool lighting and small detail stuff. It is keeping me from getting my wheels and tires! UGH!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:15 AM   #8
Senior Member
shweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant future
 
shweller's Avatar
Joined: Feb 2011, #51456
Location: Corona
Gender: Dude
Posts: 583
shweller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNWMN209 View Post
Shweller, I really like those headlights! I wish i wouldnt see all these cool lighting and small detail stuff. It is keeping me from getting my wheels and tires! UGH!
I hear you; I've spent a few dollars on mods ever since I joined TW. It seems to be a common side effect. The mod bug is contagious.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:20 AM   #9
SNWMN209 [OP] SNWMN209 is offline
"Welp...see ya in the shit.."
SNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud of
 
SNWMN209's Avatar
Air Force: 134th ARW Boom Operator
Joined: Sep 2009, #23396
Location: Knoxville, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 158
SNWMN209's Tacoma Gallery
Cough Cough...I GOT A FEVA!
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
interior lighting question JR616 Lighting 4 03-04-2011 09:24 PM
lighting question nb_tacoma 2nd Gen. Tacomas 1 01-30-2011 10:42 PM
lighting question acdronin 2nd Gen. Tacomas 3 12-26-2010 01:16 AM
question about lighting kinkrider101 Lighting 1 12-21-2010 07:21 PM
HID Lighting Question TacomaJPP Lighting 4 12-13-2010 03:05 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.