Notices

HID question

Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
Nightmare4150 is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMT
Name: Nick
Nightmare4150's Tacoma Gallery
HID question

okay. so I went to an truck shop to get the HID kit put it my lights. Ive got aftermarket lights there the angel/halo eyes. (there junk I know). So the plan was to put HID lights in them. so 2 weeks ago the guy at the shop charged me $200 for the H1 bulbs and harness and labor etc. he just called back saying he has the H1 bulbs. but they dont make the harness anymore or they cant get it. So now he wants to charge me another $300 to "make" me a harness or I can buy one. I kinda have a feeling im being screwed. or is there another way to do this?
Old 11-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you are getting screwed. Most on here recomend doing a retrofit where you would mount the whole projector assembly in your existing lens. I would think that would be your best bet since it sounds like you could spend the money to do so. If you are just looking for a plug and play setup though check out hidextra.com, ddm tuning, or slim cubby in the vendor section on here. I just ordered a set from hidextra but I have heard nothing but the best from slim cubby. I'm sure others will post a good source for a retrofit but if you search it something will come up.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Ripoff - Bail!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ RUN!!!

but seriously.. dude a harness from www.retrofitsource.com is no more than $35... with $300 you can buy a proper projector kit and retrofit one yourself! as for slimcubbys, i had his kit and it worked wonders for me. as for DDM tuning, i heard it works but when you get that bad one or contact customer service, the customer service is where it fails.

There are some good threads here on how to complete a retrofit... or if you rather not do a retrofit and purchase one already done, see my sig
Old 11-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
DDM Tuning or Slimcubby. I've got a pair of Slim Cubby HID's and paid $120 for the ballasts, bulbs and wiring harness. That being said, you're getting screwed by that shop, I hope he used vaseline.

The retrofit mentioned above is by far the best light output you can get. You can get the parts for a retrofit from Theretrofitsource.com and put projectors in your stock housings or pay a member here to do it for you.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
Nightmare4150 is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMT
Name: Nick
Nightmare4150's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the input guys. but my lights use two different bulbs for hi/lo. im thinking about the retro thing but i cant drop $400 atm. i think i might just go back to the stock lights and get the HID kit and call it a day.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
i know a full FX-r stage III kit costs no more than $300... and thats shipped and with the butyl!

or for an even easier retro fit, go for the mini's !!!! they are cheaper in price but you still have great quality (way way better than stock or even your aftermarket halo ones)

Please dont put HIDs in a halgoen based headlight and call it a day...

check out the group buy below... the code for 25% should still work ...but you need to act fast because it only usually lasts 1 week.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...-matt-trs.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare4150 View Post
thanks for the input guys. but my lights use two different bulbs for hi/lo. im thinking about the retro thing but i cant drop $400 atm. i think i might just go back to the stock lights and get the HID kit and call it a day.