Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Lets see your rocklights and back up lights

Old 11-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Lets see your rocklights and back up lights

Looking for ideas on rock lights and back up lights. I know for sure I need some lights in the rear of the truck to light everything up behind me when I'm in the woods at night or whatever. You can never have to much lighting. I'm thinking of just getting some cheap driving lights from walmart and mounting them beneath my bumper.

Also, I figure for night wheeling some rock lights would be cool.

Post pics.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Looking for ideas on rock lights and back up lights. I know for sure I need some lights in the rear of the truck to light everything up behind me when I'm in the woods at night or whatever. You can never have to much lighting. I'm thinking of just getting some cheap driving lights from walmart and mounting them beneath my bumper.

Also, I figure for night wheeling some rock lights would be cool.

Post pics.
No pics, but on my 2000 Taco, I mounted the cheap Wally world lights 2 on each frame rail and aimed them accross from each other, Driver side shooting twards the passenger side, etc. It seemed to work really well. Also, I mounted some "Pilots" on the rear cross member and aimed them backwards.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery

$15 at walmart
they would hit the ground an the same time as my hitch so no real problem there....

just my advice is if you go this route to pop off the caps and seal em with epoxy, otherwise they like to pop out on washboard roads....
Old 11-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Here's what I did for backup lights......Post # 8 in this thread.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...up-lights.html