LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Demon (Different From Angel/Halo) Lights

Old 11-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Demon (Different From Angel/Halo) Lights

Does anyone know or has attempted to do these?

I'm planning to do them in amber or red when I get either a FX-R Retrofit, or a Morimoto.

From searches I have done on Google, people just put LEDs inside the reflector.
Do you think it should be in front or behind the shield. Or where do you think the LED should go?

Other problems include the wiring melting, but some say the problem is solved just using heat shrinks to protect the wiring...

Old 12-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #3
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
idk but they look awesome!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Russ
ruslanus's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, but I would go with crimson red
Old 02-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslanus View Post
And get crap from cops!

But yeah, I'd imagine you could just stick an LED in the projector housing there and wire it to the parking lights, then unplug the parking light bulb. Tada! now you just gotta flip the lights to parking lights for em to come on and won't have to worry about a power source (since it's wired in to PL) and you'd still retain the use of the headlight in there. Might be confusing in words but since that's exactly what I did for LED angel eyes on my truck it's simple in my head haha. Sorry!! I can try and get pics and explain better tomorrow if you want.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
Just realized I never addressed the original question! got sidetracked... in front would be brighter/show better in day, but I imagine you might get more of a melted wire risk that way as you go deeper in to the housing. but, it might be the reverse too, when I look in mine it looks like there's a heat sink (sync?) towards the front. I double wrap the wire in heat shrink either way.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #8
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib Bandits View Post
Just realized I never addressed the original question! got sidetracked... in front would be brighter/show better in day, but I imagine you might get more of a melted wire risk that way as you go deeper in to the housing. but, it might be the reverse too, when I look in mine it looks like there's a heat sink (sync?) towards the front. I double wrap the wire in heat shrink either way.
Hmmm, yeah my main concern is the heat, I would need an LED with enough Watts to be visible and that would increase the heat as well, then the headlight heat...
Old 02-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #9
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
that green glow is bad ass
Old 02-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #11
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
You may want to check with local laws first. I know green flashing lights here are for Volunteer firefighters driving in their personal vehicles to the hall to respond to a call.
There's a chance you could catch flack for it.

And definitely do not do red. The whole idea behind white front, red behind is to tell which way the vehicle (Or way back when, the Train) was moving; towards or away from you.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #12
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Russ
ruslanus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslanus

Quote:
And get crap from cops!

Never mind, I thought it was just for when the vehicle is parked. That's why I said I'd go with red, for looks.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
HedgehogOutdoors is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Explorer
Name: John
HedgehogOutdoors's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, I'm not a fan of projectors () so I'd never be able to make this work... Unless.... I do get my permit for blues(FD) in 2 years, so I can have steady burn Whelen hideaways if I need to