LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Got one pair of my Rigid LED's in today

Old 12-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
Icepuck72's Tacoma Gallery
Got one pair of my Rigid LED's in today

These things are very well made. Didn't have time to install...possibly on Sunday. Pics to come after install!!!!

bought one pair of amber Duallys, the other pair are D2's in white.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Mark - you are a C.T.

4 sentences and not one pic to hold us over? Where on your rig are you installing these lights?
Old 12-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Mark - you are a C.T.

4 sentences and not one pic to hold us over? Where on your rig are you installing these lights?
Hey....I said pics after install....Still waiting on my D2's.

I have a n-fab light bar....but I'm thinking of putting the amber Duallys on either side of my license plate....should fit right in their nice and snug. I'll lock it down somehow. Have to think on it.

D2's in white (driving) will go on the outer tabs of the bar, and PIAA 510's (plasma fog) on the inside. I'm a light freak.

But these lights are very, very well made. On top of that, made in the USA. Awesome customer service too.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Expensive yes. But they are worth it. My d2's put out more light than my 7" kragens
Old 12-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #7

Firefighter:
PICS!

These are the Duallys in amber....I'm still waiting on my D2's in white. Should be this week.

Install was easy...hardest part was going through the firewall. These are installed on a N-Fab light bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Got one pair of my Rigid LED's in today-front-.jpg   Got one pair of my Rigid LED's in today-no-lights.jpg   Got one pair of my Rigid LED's in today-side-.jpg  
Old 12-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #8
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Do you plan to get a pair of large flood/pencil beam lamps for that n-fab bar? Lets see those rear ambers!
Old 12-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #9
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icepuck72 View Post
These are the Duallys in amber....I'm still waiting on my D2's in white. Should be this week.

Install was easy...hardest part was going through the firewall. These are installed on a N-Fab light bar.
firewall, did you just drills straight thru it?
Old 12-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #11

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Do you plan to get a pair of large flood/pencil beam lamps for that n-fab bar? Lets see those rear ambers!
I have a pair of D2's coming in white driving. I'm thinking of moving the ambers to each side of the license plate, putting the D2's on the outer tabs of the bar, and a pair of PIAA 520 Plasma fogs in the middle.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #12

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
firewall, did you just drills straight thru it?
Nah....went through the robber grommet. There were a million wires going through it already. My gen 1 was so much easier to do....but it's done
Old 12-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #13

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
nice dude! i was seriously considering the rigid's in amber i heard they are very nice. what beam pattern are the ambers in? they are gonna kick ass in the fog brother!
I wish I would have gotten the D2's in amber....but these are just great too. They are the flood pattern. Pics don't do them justice. Can't wait for my D2's in white to arrive.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #15
Taco Sauce
Yota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of light
Yota Toy's Tacoma Gallery
I have the D2's in white, flood pattern. I really really wish I would have got the spot pattern instead. The D2's are really bright, but the flood pattern is just too floody for me. I may convert them into aux reverse lights and put the spot pattern D2's up front.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #16
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
lol you are referring to the "d2" rigid lights or projectors. if so sorry about the confusion that was a brain shart.

the amber leds are nice man i love the fact that they draw about as much power as your brake lights but they can light up the entire road lol i'm running the vision-x solstice pods i have there floods and their euro beams the euros are nice not as controlled a beam as i had thought it would be. the floods are really for foreground lighting in really poor weather conditions or while off road in the absence of any other light source imo.

i have mine hooked up to my high beams so when i fire them up the 4 solstice pods come on as well it's crazy bright so bright in fact that on a very dark road it hurts my eyes a bit while i'm driving lol.

and most people don't even know what they are lol mine are very small and compact and low profile. some of the bars look coll but, thats also a downfall imo as they can entice the thieves.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:39 AM   #17

Firefighter:
I looked at the Vision X stuff...and researched a ton not only on here but elsewhere.

For the money, Rigid had better bang for the buck. Plus they're made here right in the States which is huge for me, their customer service was awesome and they got back to me immediately when I had questions.