Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

09 tacoma climate control lights

Old 01-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #21
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Hey man, what LEDs did you use?
Will any of these fit?
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/i...cluster-gauge/
I tried LEDs first and they sucked.

The AC display has a lot of acrylic surrounding the lights that transmits the light to the dials. The single-chip LED is too directional and only gets picked up by part of the display.

I went with regular white lamps.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #22
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I tried LEDs first and they sucked.

The AC display has a lot of acrylic surrounding the lights that transmits the light to the dials. The single-chip LED is too directional and only gets picked up by part of the display.

I went with regular white lamps.
Would a bulb like these help?
http://www.superbrightleds.com/image...bulb-store.jpg

I used the fog-light mod that comes on with my parking lamps and keep them on most of the time so my climate control lights are almost always on too. I don't think the regular bulbs would last long for me. One of them is going out on me. Do you know what size I need if I wanted to try the LEDs? I compared the diagrams and it looks like the 5mm is the closest to the one you linked to. $1.29 each I figured I would give them a shot.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #23
DR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
DR007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Would a bulb like these help?
http://www.superbrightleds.com/image...bulb-store.jpg

I used the fog-light mod that comes on with my parking lamps and keep them on most of the time so my climate control lights are almost always on too. I don't think the regular bulbs would last long for me. One of them is going out on me. Do you know what size I need if I wanted to try the LEDs? I compared the diagrams and it looks like the 5mm is the closest to the one you linked to. $1.29 each I figured I would give them a shot.
Lets hear back if they work out. I need to replace mine and was wondering the same thing.

Just read in the comments for this bulb that someone with an 05 Tacoma used for AC lights and worked great
http://www.oznium.com/corvette-c5-led
Old 01-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #24
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR007 View Post
Lets hear back if they work out. I need to replace mine and was wondering the same thing.

Just read in the comments for this bulb that someone with an 05 Tacoma used for AC lights and worked great
I forget where, but I read (I think on here) that they fit but it's not a very good fit.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #26
Senior MoFo'ing Member
07SpeedwaySport will become famous soon enough
07SpeedwaySport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbrown View Post
The KT928 is what I used and it is a direct replacement. I have three that I would be willing to give to anyone that needs it if you don't mind snailmail. LMK via PM. My truck is a 2nd gen (2005). I don't think they changed the lights on later models, but I have no way of verifying it.
I need them and I don't mind snail mail. PM'd
Old 08-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #27
JNL is a splendid one to beholdJNL is a splendid one to beholdJNL is a splendid one to beholdJNL is a splendid one to beholdJNL is a splendid one to beholdJNL is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jamie
JNL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbrown View Post
The KT928 is what I used and it is a direct replacement. I have three that I would be willing to give to anyone that needs it if you don't mind snailmail. LMK via PM. My truck is a 2nd gen (2005). I don't think they changed the lights on later models, but I have no way of verifying it.
Do you still have extras??
Old 08-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #29
Chris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR007 View Post
I found these that have a comment that it fit good in a Tacoma.

anyone tried these yet?
Old 10-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #30
2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of
Name: Greg
2ndchancetoyotas's Tacoma Gallery
Corvette C5 didn't work for me.

I tried these and they didn't work for me. I know they're directional and tried rotating 180 and still didn't work. Also to note, the plastic the mount is made of is very soft and because it's a tight fit, was easy to strip the plastic where you put a screwdriver in.

Plan on trying something from autolumination.com
Old 10-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #31
DR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
DR007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndchancetoyotas View Post

I tried these and they didn't work for me. I know they're directional and tried rotating 180 and still didn't work.

Plan on trying something from autolumination.com
That's what I have in mine. I asked about them on this thread long ago and got them and they work fine for me. Not sure why they don't for you.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #32
2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of
Name: Greg
2ndchancetoyotas's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an older thread but people searching need to know. Using my calipers, I measure a stock burned out bulb: Base (largest diameter on whole bulb assembly) is 10mm in diameter. Height 13mm. Bulb diameter 5mm. I realize that various websites have different dimensions, but I think the T4 from autolumination is going to be your best bet. While I'm sure the KT928 is ALSO a proper replacement, the limited availability, and buying a 10 pack are not practical for the average user.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #34
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe I'll just solder some LED's in there. Haha
They'll suck.

You can buy LEDs that will fit with the proper base.
I did, and removed them the next day.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #35
Spdee is on a distinguished road

Name: Dayle
Spdee's Tacoma Gallery
how do you take out the front of the fan swith covers to get to the bulbs without dismantling the whole center console? All 3 of mine have gone out over time.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #36
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
iirc pull the knobs.............. then use a putty knife/screwdriver and pry 1 corner and then pull again.

then undo the switch behind