Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HID FAQ

Old 03-27-2014, 08:57 AM   #121
smmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
smmarine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
Very easy if you get the minis. All you have to do is bake the headlight, remove the lens, slide the projector through the stock housing and tighten down the nut. That is basically it.
Ok. Sounds like something I can do
Old 11-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #122
kyakovich311 has a spectacular aura aboutkyakovich311 has a spectacular aura aboutkyakovich311 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
kyakovich311's Tacoma Gallery
So I purchased a set of HID lights from DDM tuning. My original intent in purchasing the kit was to decrease current draw from the headlights and to achieve a nice light blue color. After reading through everything in this thread it's clear that it's not a very good idea to put HID kits in stock housings. I'm looking for the light blue HiD look. What is a good alternative to HIDs if you're keeping the halogen housing?
Old 11-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #123
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyakovich311 View Post
So I purchased a set of HID lights from DDM tuning. My original intent in purchasing the kit was to decrease current draw from the headlights and to achieve a nice light blue color. After reading through everything in this thread it's clear that it's not a very good idea to put HID kits in stock housings. I'm looking for the light blue HiD look. What is a good alternative to HIDs if you're keeping the halogen housing?
GOOD? Nada

Blue irritates the eye and sucks in rain, snow, or dust
Old 11-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #125
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Silver stars or zxe
Old 11-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #126
JoeA is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
JoeA's Tacoma Gallery
Silverstars are great but won't last a year. I've been through so many sets over the years. I ended up switching to Sylvania, I think. They are not as good but I've yet to replace them in 18 months so far.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #127

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeA View Post
Silverstars are great but won't last a year. I've been through so many sets over the years. I ended up switching to Sylvania, I think. They are not as good but I've yet to replace them in 18 months so far.
Had mine for 2yrs
Old 11-06-2014, 05:53 AM   #128
JoeA is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
JoeA's Tacoma Gallery
I drive 40K miles per year which may explain the difference.

Silverstars are great!