LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Automatic center console light

Old 12-06-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
Im that one guy!!! Who did that one thing...
mizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
mizicko705's Tacoma Gallery
Automatic center console light

Hey everyone, so i got tired of clunking around for stuff at night in my center console, so i thought id add a light. Now ive seen this done before and there always on a switch to turn it on or it kinda looks bad, so i thought id one up them, haha. so what i did was add a murcury switch into the top of the lid (behind the black plastic) so when it tilts up power on tilts closed power off, so we would get an automatic light switch, haha.

Oh and yes my gear lights are blue ass well (I like the color what can i say)
Old 12-06-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sweet! like the open on and close off deal
Old 12-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
mizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizicko705 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
Pretty sweet! like the open on and close off deal
Ya thats one of the main reasons im happy with it...! i couldnt stand the idea of having to turn it on and off, kinda seemed pointless that way, might as well just turn on the dome light
Old 12-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

idea
Old 12-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #5
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! +1 for being the first I've seen to add a "auto" switch. I like that idea a lot!

*adds to list of mods..
Old 12-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
Nice! +1 for being the first I've seen to add a "auto" switch. I like that idea a lot!

*adds to list of mods..
Haha thanks man, ill make a write up tomorrow, its actualy a really cheap and easy mod
Old 12-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
Senior NEWBIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizicko705 View Post
Haha thanks man, ill make a right up tomorrow, its actualy a really cheap and easy mod
X2 on the write up!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:09 AM   #8
cfunni is on a distinguished road
Name: Craig
cfunni's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to do that to my new 2012 TRD Sport. I assume you pulled power in the shifter light area. I am new to Tacoma's and this truck is only 4 days old to me, so I want to start tweeking, but not sure I want to start tearing stuff up trying to find wires to splice into. Thanks for the post
Old 12-07-2011, 06:23 AM   #9
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. Dig the blue also.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:28 AM   #10
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
very nice man! going to add it to my list of mods.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #11
chip01822 is on a distinguished road

Name: chip
chip01822's Tacoma Gallery
I like
Old 12-07-2011, 06:50 AM   #12
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
you sir are a genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizicko705 View Post
Hey everyone, so i got tired of clunking around for stuff at night in my center console, so i thought id add a light. Now ive seen this done before and there always on a switch to turn it on or it kinda looks bad, so i thought id one up them, haha. so what i did was add a murcury switch into the top of the lid (behind the black plastic) so when it tilts up power on tilts closed power off, so we would get an automatic light switch, haha.

Oh and yes my gear lights are blue ass well (I like the color what can i say)
Old 12-07-2011, 06:56 AM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
With the mercury switch, the light will turn on randomly if you accelerate, stop, turn, or perhaps park on an incline?
Old 12-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
With the mercury switch, the light will turn on randomly if you accelerate, stop, turn, or perhaps park on an incline?
not if you place it at the correct angel. mines off and stays off
Old 12-13-2011, 03:46 AM   #15
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Name: Darren
flyzeye designs's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job!