1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

moisture in headlight covered by warranty??

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by failytaco77, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Dec 8, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    failytaco77

failytaco77 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    jackson,ms
    Vehicle:
    10 prerunner
    so i noticed quite a bit of moisture develop in my headlight since the past days of rain and now there are rather large droplets on the side marker lights and was wondering if this was covered by the warranty (already called dealer and said theyd have to "inspect" it)??? read up on some other forums that some other brands have this issue covered but didnt know if toyota did....

2. Dec 8, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:

Should be, if not bitch till they fix it.

3. Dec 8, 2011 at 3:47 PM
    brians05taco

brians05taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Lafayette,La.
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner white debadged 4.0
    lifted, bedcover,BHLM, grill, etc...
    if under warrenty i would complain till they change them unless they were altered in some way

4. Dec 8, 2011 at 3:52 PM
    ST3VE

ST3VE IG: @fishsohard

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Tint, car seat, baby wipes
    I work at Toyota in Maryland and just went to the service advisor. He said that the truck needs to go to the dealer and have a mechanic look at it. It could go either way on a warranted fix. Depending on if the moisture is a result of a manufacturer defect or if it is because of the seal in the lamp itself. He said that if you are running HID's or a different bulb that does not burn as hot as your standard bulb then the moisture will not dissipate because the heat does not allow it to.

... In my opinion if the warranty does not cover it then find a gas oven and take the headlight out and put it in the oven overnight. (while the oven is OFF :) ) Because the oven has a pilot light that keeps all the moisture out of the oven. Put it in the oven overnight and by morning the moisture should be gone.

Hope that helps you some. I did my best for you with the resources I have. PM me any other questions if you run into any.

Products Discussed in

To Top