Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

2011 Tail Light Broke. The one I ordered doesn't match.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
jjames69 is on a distinguished road
jjames69's Tacoma Gallery
Angry 2011 Tail Light Broke. The one I ordered doesn't match.

My friends kid ran into my tail light with his dirt bike and broke the lens. I ordered a light off of Amazon because I didn't want to get robbed from the dealership and it doesn't match the other one exactly. I could definitely get away with putting it on but I'm anal-retentive and I know it will bother me every time I look at it. Does anyone know where to get a decent deal on OEM tail lights or a company that sells tail lights that match the OEM.

The biggest difference is the color of the silver that holds the LED running and brake lights in the center of the tail light itself.

I was also thinking about maybe putting a light smoke on the tail/head lights to try and disguised it a little bit more, but don't want it to look cheesy.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Steel Curtain!!
beerye is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
beerye's Tacoma Gallery
I have bought all my stuff off ebay. I usually do the pair instead of just one because of that problem. You can get some pretty nice smoked lens for a lot less than anywhere else. I have bought multiple pairs with no problems. Knock on wood!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-2010-TO...item4aade81ce0
Old 12-14-2011, 04:31 AM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Post a WTB in the classifieds section here or ebay.
I bought a set and sold them in the classifieds here.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:49 AM   #5
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking to upgrade my '07 taillights with the 09+ OEM LED ones. (or aftermarket clones) I know this does not answer your question, but I was hoping you could post a pic of the amazon light you got next to your remaining stock one just to compare them?
Old 12-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
jjames69 is on a distinguished road
jjames69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
I'm looking to upgrade my '07 taillights with the 09+ OEM LED ones. (or aftermarket clones) I know this does not answer your question, but I was hoping you could post a pic of the amazon light you got next to your remaining stock one just to compare them?
Sorry the difference was noticeable enough so I shipped them back already. If you buy two from the same company you probably wont notice the difference in color, just the Chinese aftermarket quality.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:25 AM   #7
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjames69 View Post
Sorry the difference was noticeable enough so I shipped them back already. If you buy two from the same company you probably wont notice the difference in color, just the Chinese aftermarket quality.

So if you were getting both lights at the same time (so the color difference does not matter in this case) you wouldn't bother with those amazon aftermarket ones anymore as the quality seems to be lacking and would just save up for Toyota OEM's?
Old 12-16-2011, 07:40 AM   #8
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Make the kid's ol' man buy you a genuine OEM replacement.

I looked the other way on a similar situation like this and it bugs me to this day.