1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will this work?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by booboy, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Dec 12, 2011 at 3:52 PM
    booboy

booboy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PaCiFiC nOrThWeSt
    Vehicle:
    2010 TrD SpOrT 4x4
    Hey TW. Forgive my ignorance but I did do a search and didn't find what I was looking for. I am asking for your assistance. I currently have a light bar with four baja lights that are rated at 55W each and had it installed professionally. So they did run a relay switch for both sets. I just recently picked up 2 sets of Hella 700FF that are rated at 55W as well. What I was planning on doing is removing the baja lights and replacing it with the Hella's but was wondering if I can just splice the wires together? What I noticed is that the baja lights have a black and white wire whereas the Hella's have a black and purple.

Can I splice black to black and white to purple? Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. Dec 12, 2011 at 5:52 PM
    wing103

wing103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport / Dark Gray
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    Power dosen't know color of wire!
    So the best way to test it with a meter, find out which one is + & -, than hook up one of your new light and test it out, it will not blow any fuse, as long as you not ground the circuit.

3. Dec 12, 2011 at 6:52 PM
    booboy

booboy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PaCiFiC nOrThWeSt
    Vehicle:
    2010 TrD SpOrT 4x4
    Thanks wing103.

Products Discussed in

To Top