LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

New Head lights

Old 12-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trey
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
New Head lights

For Christmas I want to purchase new headlights nothing outrageously bright but A LOT better than stock and I dont want to purchase blue HID or LED's or whatever also want to get new fog lights too, any suggestions?
Old 12-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
Casey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud of

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
well what if you went the HID route but didnt get blue? it starts turning blue at above 6k so if you stay under that itll be white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG8 View Post
For Christmas I want to purchase new headlights nothing outrageously bright but A LOT better than stock and I dont want to purchase blue HID or LED's or whatever also want to get new fog lights too, any suggestions?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
well what if you went the HID route but didnt get blue? it starts turning blue at above 6k so if you stay under that itll be white.
Oh really? and a good kit how much would it run for or should I be interested in a brand more than a kit?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh really? and a good kit how much would it run for or should I be interested in a brand more than a kit?
http://ddmtuning.com/Product-Categor...hting/HID-Kits

Alot of guys running HID kits from these guys....no experience with them personally but thought I'd provide a link for you to sniff around
Old 12-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
http://ddmtuning.com/Product-Categor...hting/HID-Kits

Alot of guys running HID kits from these guys....no experience with them personally but thought I'd provide a link for you to sniff around
alright thanks!! If you were to recommend the bulb color before hitting blue according not over 6000k thanks to the pervious person who comment on the thread?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
alright thanks!! If you were to recommend the bulb color before hitting blue according not over 6000k thanks to the pervious person who comment on the thread?
4500 35w

:edited:
Old 12-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #7

55w's are obnoxious IMO
Old 12-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #8

I think these are the ones you'd want...
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

In a H3 Bulb...I think I read that somewhere but could be wrong
Old 12-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #9
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i don't recommend hids in the factory reflector bowl myself but, if you must have them stick with the 35 watts and aim them properly when your all finished.

hids are on average 2 to 3 times brighter than the stock halogen bulb your truck comes with so they absolutely must come down from where they are currently aimed that seems acceptable.

i would recommend a retrofit if you really want hids that is the right way to go then you depending on what projector you choose can run 55 watts safely and have some bad ass lights on your truck. trs slim cubby and ddm all sell kits but the trs stuff imo is of a much higher quality. customlightz.com also sells the pnp kits bjorn the owner sources some nice gear on par with trs and oem for sure might be another option for you to consider.

for example the difference can be dramatic between a retrofit and a pnp kit in your factory reflector bowl.
http://www.clearcorners.com/tech/002/pg03.shtml
check out the h4 rebased bulb wall shots there is glare everywhere lol this is why besides the inherent lack of quality these kits suck imo
Old 12-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #10

there ya have it ^ ^

Old 12-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #11
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i don't recommend hids in the factory reflector bowl myself but, if you must have them stick with the 35 watts and aim them properly when your all finished.

hids are on average 2 to 3 times brighter than the stock halogen bulb your truck comes with so they absolutely must come down from where they are currently aimed that seems acceptable.

i would recommend a retrofit if you really want hids that is the right way to go then you depending on what projector you choose can run 55 watts safely and have some bad ass lights on your truck. trs slim cubby and ddm all sell kits but the trs stuff imo is of a much higher quality. customlightz.com also sells the pnp kits bjorn the owner sources some nice gear on par with trs and oem for sure might be another option for you to consider.

for example the difference can be dramatic between a retrofit and a pnp kit in your factory reflector bowl.
http://www.clearcorners.com/tech/002/pg03.shtml
check out the h4 rebased bulb wall shots there is glare everywhere lol this is why besides the inherent lack of quality these kits suck imo

alright thanks man much appreciate it !!!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #12
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I think these are the ones you'd want...
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

In a H3 Bulb...I think I read that somewhere but could be wrong
okay thankss!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #13
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
In all honesty, the factory Tacoma headlights are reasonably good. Stick some 70/65w Osram Rallye bulbs in them, and they are great. You'd have to do a retrofit to do better.

I much prefer them to the HID kit I tried. Took a test drive after install, got home and ripped them out immediately.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:24 AM   #14
Snoranger is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Patrol
Snoranger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc409 View Post
In all honesty, the factory Tacoma headlights are reasonably good. Stick some 70/65w Osram Rallye bulbs in them, and they are great. You'd have to do a retrofit to do better.

I much prefer them to the HID kit I tried. Took a test drive after install, got home and ripped them out immediately.
Damn near same boat for me. The low beams worked great but the hi's turned non existent. I'm going w/a set of PIAA's Intense Whites for the headlights and Xtreme White Plus for the fogs (H11 on a 2012). I've always had good luck w/PIAA..
Old 12-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #15
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Okay thanks for yalls input!