Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Mounting lights on bull bar, tips?

Old 11-20-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Mounting lights on bull bar, tips?

Got my lights Today in the mail, planning on installing them tommorow before headin into the woods. Anyone got any tips for installing my lights? Went to start but ran out of light (and warmth) today. Looks like it would be easiest to remove the "skid" plate on my bullbar before installing the lights for easier access.

Anyone got some tips?
Old 11-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I got mine in yesterday and on today. I had (have) a problem with them. The bull bar I have has pretty short light mounting tabs. Doesn't let the lights angle far enough upwards, I just went for a test run with them and they're pointed so they shine about 5 feet in front of the truck. Looks like some kind of tab extenders are in order. Mounting them under the bar would look ghetto.

Suckers are SUPER bright though!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed when i took my 500's off the bull bar we just lossened the bolts so the bullbar swings foward so i never had to take anything off to take the lights off, mount them that way and go from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Got my lights Today in the mail, planning on installing them tommorow before headin into the woods. Anyone got any tips for installing my lights? Went to start but ran out of light (and warmth) today. Looks like it would be easiest to remove the "skid" plate on my bullbar before installing the lights for easier access.

Anyone got some tips?
Old 11-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Tried to get them on earlier, with the bull bar and skid plate on. Its a complete bitch to try and screw the lights on when youve got big hands in the little opening in the bull bar. No success.

Tomorrow after class I'll probably end up loosening the bullbar and installing them like that.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:43 AM   #5
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Did you ever get these on? If you're having a hard time and are willing to do some driving I'm down in Ocala...

Got mine up and running. Review here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...atcentral.html