LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

WHAT LIGHTS DO YOU GUYS LIKE OR RECOMMEND????????????????

Old 12-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
WHAT LIGHTS DO YOU GUYS LIKE OR RECOMMEND????????????????

There are many light company's out there and I wanted to get some feed back from some people that have lights that have worked well for them. (H.I.D.'s, L.E.D.s or Hallogen) I used PIAA's before and my current truck has HELLA's (which have worked great by the way!)
**What Lights are on the market that are priced well and last??
Old 12-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
whatever fits the budget
Old 12-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
RIGID, KRAGEN HIDS, LIGHTFORCE AND KC ARE ALSO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
whatever fits the budget
Yeah whatever fits the budget, but I have friends that have spent $450 on a light and the guy who spent $150 on a light has the same brightness. A lot of hype out there with some products sometimes
Old 12-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #6

I heard the Kragen H.I.D.'s work good. The LightForce look pretty bad ass too!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Shopping for new, quality lights? Don't see them mentioned here too much, but they are well known in off road racing...

http://www.bajadesigns.com makes great halogen, HID, and LED lights for sport and off road racing... a San Marcos company (in San Diego County). Here are the truck lights: http://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/...uggy_products/

Personally, I have a pair of Kragen HIDs (because they were cheap, and after they broke on their first Baja trip, I knew why! But, we fixed the cracked bodies) and a pair of metal Hella 4000s (given to me for Father's Day).
Old 12-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
I've got Hella 500F that I converted to HID's. They're nice. I need to move em back on my roof though because they reflect off the windshield and I can't see anything with them on.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:36 PM   #9
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
kragen hids FTW! best price you will find here.

http://www.bytortruck.com/index.php?...8234f59304ff1a
Old 12-15-2011, 11:32 PM   #10
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
first looks at what situation your buying them for. meaning do you run in the desert encounter a lot of fog or snow do you value foreground lighting more than a far reaching set of light force lights?

if you looking to blast the foreground i would recommend vision-x led solstice prime pods pick your poison when it comes to beam patterns but imo the euro and flood are the best any less or more controlled of a beam does absolutely nothing really there is no optics with most if not all leds they all seem to use a diffuser of some type very few have actual optics. hence why they are awesome for up close ie 50 feet in front of the truck. their color temp is inbetween a oem xenon bulb at 4300k to 4k they take about the same amount of power to operate as you factory dtrl do and they put out a metric fuck ton of light

for a far reaching light light force cannot be beat imo but, your talking some serious cheddar for a set of lights. they do both xenon and halogen very well so pick what color temp and power draw is acceptable to you and your golden.

lastly hid projectors if you do them right buy quality stuff and mod them correctly they basically nullify the need for almost every other light on the truck. mine go like 6 or 7 lanes across and its like daylight below the cut off!

the more yellow light of a low kelvin xenon bulb 3k is going to be your best bet in fog and or dust as the light pieces together better than the higher temp colors.

the whiter lights do very well if the beam is controlled properly in heavy snow and rain 4300k to 5k will perform the best in most conditions.

and the in between color temps of the halogens they despite their larger power drain on your electrical system do very well in most every situation as well example light forces can be retarded bright and extremely focused or adjusted to fill more of the foreground instead of reaching out so far. this comes with a price however as they will be a power suck.

an ideal set-up imo would be a quality set of halogens ie light force. 4 or more led pods or a bar and xenon headlights in a quality projector this should take care of every single lighting need besides rock lights that you should need.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #11

Thanks a lot for the info. That is helping me with my research. I really appreciate it guys!!! Im new to this website and it seems like a lot of people are informed about current products and stuff on here.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #12
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
there are a few guy's on here that really get into the lighting gear. i would consider myself one of them i have a couple thousand of light on my rig now the way it sits and i still need rear lights and puddle lights both will be vision-x leds and i fully plan on retrofitting the fog lights that are in my arb for a full on quad set-up. it should be pretty amazing at night to say the least.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #13
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
whatever fits the budget
this pretty much^ i was recommended by a local shop my IPF's, and i really like them and they have held up great
Old 12-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #15
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah i think they are made by arb... i have these ones:

i like them alot, they have they weird looking reflector inside broadening the beam but still allowing concentrated light where u point it. they blow my headlights out the water

Old 12-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #18
pavement is boring....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
yeah buddy! arb simply makes stuff that works and usually works very well.

when i hooked up the fogs that came with the bull bar i was amazed at their light output they are twice what the factory fogs are and have a solid thick glass lens.

agreed
Old 12-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #19
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
yeah buddy! arb simply makes stuff that works and usually works very well.

when i hooked up the fogs that came with the bull bar i was amazed at their light output they are twice what the factory fogs are and have a solid thick glass lens.
the only bad thing about the fogs, is that you can't replace just the bulb when it goes out.