Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED for front turn signal?

Old 12-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
LED for front turn signal?

I am sick and tired of that awful orange buld on the front for my turn signal. Is there an LED available to replace that?
Old 12-16-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure there is, but if you do change them out, you'll have that ricer hyper-blinking because the LEDs draw less amperage than regular bulbs and thinks you have a bulb out and thus for the hyper-blinking.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
You'll need some resistance going to the bulb. Also, you can only have orange or white there... (I believe that's the only two colors)
Old 12-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
Good website but they only offer the turn signal in yellow.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #6
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure the OP is just speaking of the bulb color when off(I think). So an LED would look white when off. As far as actual color. It's okay if it's white when it's on steady, but for actual turn signals, they legally have to be amber when blinking, I believe. They do have switchback LED's which if you had DRL's they would be white when steady on but blink amber with turn signals.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #7
johnanm will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Pilot
johnanm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I'm sure the OP is just speaking of the bulb color when off(I think). So an LED would look white when off. As far as actual color. It's okay if it's white when it's on steady, but for actual turn signals, they legally have to be amber when blinking, I believe. They do have switchback LED's which if you had DRL's they would be white when steady on but blink amber with turn signals.
Running white 3127 bulbs (non-LED) in mine, the lens is slightly yellow anyway so it comes off as a egg white color. My state requires orange OR white front signals, so I'm in the "clear" (haha) in any case. Nice compromise for me because like you I hated the orange look all the time.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
do you have day time running lights?
no
Old 12-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #13
03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed03is300ztk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Navy Veteran
Name: Zach
03is300ztk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeacsWFU23 View Post
I am sick and tired of that awful orange buld on the front for my turn signal. Is there an LED available to replace that?

If you just want to get rid of the orange color then use a chrome bulb so you dont have to change anything. The chrome bulb you cannot see until it lights up. Or just use the white LED's. Check with your inspection station in your state. I'm not required to run orange either. I run white front and back in my Lexus.

http://www.xenonmods.com/chromebulbindex.htm
Old 01-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #14
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Do whati I did and go buy a rattle can of high temp silver engine paint and spray a light coat over the bulb. This will eliminate the egg yolk look but still let the bulb function and emit plenty of light. I did this mod 6 months ago. You'd never know by the light output of all 4 blinkers that they had a light coat of silver engine paint on them. Now my sterling are still orange but don't have that egg yolk look when off. I do this to all my lights on my vehicles (trucks and motorcycles). Cheap simple fix if your only interested in getting rid of egg yolk effect.