Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Wacky fog lights

Old 11-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Wacky fog lights

Over the past couple of days I have noticed my fog lights will come on randomly by themselves. This has happened before around early spring last year a couple of times but I haven't noticed it again until today when i went to lunch. I have the Fog light mod done and this only happens when the switch is left on, but still, Why? Is anyone else with the fog light mod done experiencing this?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
I wired mine into my running / parking lights. I know that your computer will periodically kick on to "purge" the system and it feeds 12V to the power location for the "normal" mod. Mine would usually come on several hours afterwards, which led me to just wire them into my parking lights...
Old 11-21-2008, 12:37 PM   #4
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
It's the stock fog's I'm talking about, too..

When you did the fog light mod, did you wire into that adjacent fuse? That perticular fuse DOES power up when you truck's computer kicks on to do a purge. If your fog light switch is on, it will power up your lights.

I first did the mod that way and thought my truck was being stolen one night, LOL
Old 11-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I got ya now. Your speaking of the pigtail that is wired to the fuse in the mod directions. Yes i do have it to that fuse in the box, what you said about the power cycle makes complete sense now. The first time it they turned on I thought my truck was getting stolen too, lol. OK so Purge of power from the fuse box, I'll have to see about rewiring, wonder how much current they pull since I already have the PIAA's pigtailed on the parking light wire.