1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FYI: TRS mixup of left hand and right hand Morimoto Mini D2S projectors

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Dr. Sleep, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Dec 22, 2011 at 11:13 AM
    Dr. Sleep

Dr. Sleep [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 DoubleCab SR5 4X4
    Just FYI, I got this email from TRS today:

TRS Customer,

Order's containing Morimoto Mini D2S bi-xenon projectors that were shipped between Monday, December 12th and Tuesday December 19th may have been filled incorrectly. We have identified approximately fifty individuals who may be affected by this incident.

Due to a mix up in the way these projectors were prepared and stocked in our inventory, It is very important to double check that the cutoff shields inside your projectors to ensure they are the correct LHD model. (look into the back of the bulb holder, the black shield inside should be lower on the left side, and rise in the middle towards the right side)

We have two customers who have reported receipt of the incorrect RHD model - and in the unlikely case that you are affected by this mistake, please contact us right away for a brand new pair of LHD shield assemblies. We will send them to you immediately and free of charge. A prepaid return label for the others will be included.

Once discovered, we felt it was extremely important to warn our customers of this mix up before their installation to avoid further inconvenience.

Please contact us at 404-220-7940, or Answers@theretrofitsource.com if your situation calls for attention.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

2. Dec 23, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    Dr. Sleep

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 DoubleCab SR5 4X4
    By the way . . . mine were wrong. They sent projector assemblies with RHD cut-offs.

3. Jan 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    Dr. Sleep

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 DoubleCab SR5 4X4
    Quick heads up for those with this RHD versus LHD shield assembly mixup: I recieved my new LHD assemblies to replace the wrong RHD ones, but the pin on the solenoid which is usually snipped off, wasn't. The issue is that the pin can stick up above the shield assembly and effect the beam pattern -- ruining your nice cut off. A picture is worth a thousand words: Pic of the old RHD (wrong) shield, but with the center solenoid pin correctly snipped off:

Oldshieldassembly_c8b81869b20092efcd2a8ae1afe07ccfe3809115.jpg

4. Jan 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM
    Dr. Sleep

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 DoubleCab SR5 4X4
    Picture of the new correct LHD shield assembly but with the center solenoid pin INcorrectly not snipped off, sticking above the shield cut off ruining the cut off line. Also note that the two pins in the bottom right corner of the projector are broken off -- it was this way with only 1 of my projectors and this is not supposed to be that way. I have to say, I have been unimpressed with the quality control at TRS. Maybe their customer service is excellent, but that just means they're happy to fix their problems, rather than get it right the first time.
    Newshieldassembly2_ecc36e944bc0e712a79b0d59b1294ebf015629da.jpg

5. Jan 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM
    Dr. Sleep

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 DoubleCab SR5 4X4
    Here you can see how the pin can effect the beam/ cut off line.

Newshieldassembly-1_8119db796f95c7709633fef7200070879fe1e55f.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top