Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog light HID

Old 12-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
thewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: Colby
thewhiteknight's Tacoma Gallery
Fog light HID

Does this kit come with everything I need to replace my fogs with hid and work properly? H10 8k 35w. Will I have to order a relay harness also or does this come with one? http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit
Old 12-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
thewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And would y'all recommend 6 or 8k. Havnt completely made up my mind yet. I still want to be able to tell by the light that they're hid's which is why I'm leaning towards 8k
Old 12-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
H10 is correct. If you already have fog lights in your truck, it's not necessary that you need a harness. However, should there be a big difference in power and what not, the harness will be able to handle it over your stock OEM harness. Just a food for thought. I simply use my OEM harness and nothing has happened (knock on wood)

I personally would not go over 5000k. You want 6k or 8k because of the colour? The higher you go, the more light visibility will start to decline.

Go yellow or go white if it was up to me......
Old 12-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
you need to do a blazer fog retro, it is a big no no to put hid's in reflector housings
Old 12-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You'll always be able to tell they're HID's because of the blinding glare you'll get out of them...

8000K will be blue/purple. 6000K would be white/blue. 5000K is white.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #7

Thanks for The help! And i'm Probly going with 6k and go ahead and do the retro if someone can get me a link or tell me where to find it.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
Thanks for The help! And i'm Probly going with 6k and go ahead and do the retro if someone can get me a link or tell me where to find it.
Here's one way to do it:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-retrofit.html

Here's a slightly less involved way to acheive the same thing:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...g-housing.html
Old 12-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #9

Thanks I'll look into the projectors