Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog light wiring diagram link please

Old 12-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Fog light wiring diagram link please

Hello, I'm at work and my phone won't let me search so would someone mind linking a wiring diagram for a set of Piaa 510's. I found one before and wanted to stop on my way home and pick up the wire and relay.
Thanks for the help.
Brent
Old 12-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I used a easy wire to give the signal to the switch when the lights are on.(the third wire going to the piaa switch)
I wiretapped the bottom wire on the TCS button.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, also can I use my existing fog light switch? IF I rember a switch from the dealer is 1/2 the price of the lights
Old 12-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wait what are you looking to do? replace your stock lamps are adding a second set?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #5

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Replace stock lamps for now, goin to add a led bar in a few weeks once I decide what size. Basically I don't want to use the included Piaa switch and rember finding a diagram here somewhere that taped the fuse box and utilized a relay.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...l-anytime.html

Second link in the first post has pictures and wiring diagrams. This is what I used to install my fog lights. Hope that helps.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #7

if you have stock fog lamps just use the existing wires
Old 12-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #8

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Are the stock wires heavy enough for after market lights like the piaa's ? if I rember they are 55 w?
Old 12-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #9

I don't have oem fog lights so i dont know for sure.

I do know if you don't pop the stock fuse it will 100% be safe.

I personally never had a vehicle where this was a problem. Worse that I have ever seen is some voltage drop but never melting of wires; if that's what your worried about
Old 12-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #10

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...l-anytime.html

Second link in the first post has pictures and wiring diagrams. This is what I used to install my fog lights. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the link! Really helpful