Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Review on H.I.D Offroad Light

Old 11-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Review on H.I.D Offroad Light

So Slim posted that he wanted someone to help out with the HID offroad light review and test it out give so this my input on it so here it goes.

Light is 35W 6000K
Recieved the HID Offroad light nice clean box comes bubble wrapped so mo further damage can accur the light is pretty much as is, The light looks like a KC light round and everything is built in to the light ballest etc so you really cant tell this is an HID light which i like, negative and positive wires are showing so there is no switch or other wires that come with this so you wire everything up on your own so Romancito104 helped with the install i had bought a couple of switches from toyota to go with my new light set up, we tested them before putting them on and no prob they worked just fine. So we mounted the light on, One con i would say is the washer issue comes with rubber washers which slip and move alot cause of the powdercoated light bar so i will be changing that out for lock and regular washers. Other than that this light is awesome bright as hell and i will be picking up another one so be on the look out for the next slimcubby group buy. Heres a few pics of the light bright during the day will get more at night.
Pic 1

Pic2

Pic 3 really shows the brightness!

Back light non-HID
Old 11-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Cool Review..
Those lights look badass!!
Old 11-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah Slim is gonna probably take orders on his next group buy coming up real soon i will be getting another to complete the 4 light setup very happy with the light.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Here ya go silver as far as Pricing slim will handle that.

Not much bigger than the hella

Front view
Old 12-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice write up socalman! Looks good installed! I am going to get the 3rd group buy started up tonight. Going to make the new post right now
Old 12-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Get in on the group buy guys awesome lights great out put on light
Old 12-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #7
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
those look great and WAY brighter than the non-hid lights. I NEED some!!
Old 12-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Yeah those hellas lights are only 55w need to change to 100w be alot brighter they really dont compare to hid's im very happy with the light.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #9
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea I need to swap out my bulbs to 100w...or just wait and get those hid ones
Old 12-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #10
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Early morning pics i forgot to get inside and show how far it shoots the beam.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #12
DefJeff is on a distinguished road
DefJeff's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of light bar is that? how much did it cost you?
Old 12-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #13

its the N-FAB light bar
Old 12-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #14
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Yeah its the nfab lightbar ordered from stillen $155 shipped