Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LF: Custom HL Builder - Custom IDEA

Old 01-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
LF: Custom HL Builder - Custom IDEA

I have a vision of some sick ass headlights with two projector low beams, two turn signals, a higher high beam, demon eyes, gattling shrouds, audi leds/cathodes (visible during daytime) and CCFL angel eyes around the demon eyes, and the housing blacked out

one of the projectors will be 5k ea and one will be 10k

here is my cheap sketch

looking for someone who can build it.
Attached Thumbnails
LF: Custom HL Builder - Custom IDEA-customhldesign.png  
Old 01-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i was about to send them the lails out of my last car a 2010 mazda 3 sedan for them to make a custom led board and that was much less work and they wanted almost 3k

most retrofitters can do custom led boards for looks and such with out much drama and money. but, these full on custom housings and stuff are vacuumed over some type of mold at least thats how i have heard of it being done. and i believe thats out of the scope of most retrofitters at least the ones i know of. even if they can do it its time consuming to say the least so that alone might be enough for them to turn it down.

either way its going to be expensive as shit lol.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemicals View Post
I have a vision of some sick ass headlights with two projector low beams, two turn signals, a higher high beam, demon eyes, gattling shrouds, audi leds/cathodes (visible during daytime) and CCFL angel eyes around the demon eyes, and the housing blacked out

one of the projectors will be 5k ea and one will be 10k

here is my cheap sketch

looking for someone who can build it.
Matt, what is the white rectangle?
Old 01-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I could build it... It wouldn't be pretty though, a stock headlight mold, a little PVC, some cut up tupperwear, lots of JB weld and some silicone adhesive
Old 01-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #7
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreentaco View Post
Matt, what is the white rectangle?
thats the DTRL
Old 01-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #8
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
Why two low beam projectors per housing?
Old 01-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
Banned
more pew pew
Old 01-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
not with 10k bulbs it won't

one is going to be a 4 and one will be a 10
Old 01-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #12
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going with two projectors, why not bixenon units?

You have to be careful with too much foreground lighting, it can make you distance-blind. I think HID has a real threat to do that, with the higher output.

The factory bulbs are something like 1100 lumens; HID bulbs are about 3200. So, instead of 2200 lumens of foreground lighting, you'll have 12800 just on your low beam.

I have upgraded bulbs that run about 1700 lumens on low beam. They do a good job without being over-powering, my only complaint is that I would like a little more distance for highway speeds.