Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

after market fog lights

Old 11-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #21
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
but you can black out tail lights right???
Old 11-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #22
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
but you can black out tail lights right???
Im sure you can, but Im not a fan of it. I think it looks cool, but I think it reduces output to much, so as not to be safe.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:21 PM   #23
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I think it looks cool, but I think it reduces output to much, so as not to be safe.
Also, it could shift the liability in a rear-end crash. Normally, the driver who hits from behind would be at fault. But if the taillights were blacked out, one could be held liable if it's not DOT approved and reduces visibility. The other driver could always claim he/she couldn't tell the brake lights were on.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #24
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
IM planning on using the stock wiring, relay, and switch from my fog lamps to power my IPF driving lights on my ARB Winch bar these have 1 65W H9 halogen bulb apeice.

any one try this approach and had it fail supply the needed power.

then next step would be high + fog mod I guess.
Uese heavier gauge wireing and a dedicated relay. Get an OEM fog switch and instal it in a "blank" on the dash for a factory look.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #25
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
piaa's are dirt simple to install. one wire to the ground the other to the common power in the main fuse box. run your wire through the firewall put a stakeon in the one wire plug it into a blank spot of the fusebox inside plug in your switch and voila. its a little more complicated using a different switch but not by much
Attached Thumbnails
after market fog lights-img_1838.jpg  
Old 02-17-2014, 12:15 PM   #26
drifterss454 is on a distinguished road
Name: stephen
drifterss454's Tacoma Gallery
not sure how old this post is but I'd love to have the Tacoma fog lights,thanks,Stephen, Stephen.boutilier01@ns.sympatico.ca
Old 02-18-2014, 02:34 AM   #28
Can't re-MEMBER
ZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ED
ZEROPILOT's Tacoma Gallery
I've got an UN-WIRED access cab. I did it the easy way. Just hook up a relay to your high beam circuit via a "piggyback" terminal to power your floods. This way your high beams turn them on with the factory lighting switch. You can make a nice, neat hookup next to the battery. Battery +(fuse in line)...Ground.... in from the high beam wire...and out to the floods.