Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

after market fog lights

Old 11-30-2008, 06:41 AM   #1
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
after market fog lights

i really like piaa lights and would like to add fog lights but i want them to fit in the holes where they should go and i dont really have 400 to spend on factory lights. Any ideas??
Old 11-30-2008, 09:06 AM   #2
gpspowell will become famous soon enoughgpspowell will become famous soon enough
Navy: Viet Nam Veteran 1964-1967
gpspowell's Tacoma Gallery
I replaced my front bumper with an ARB and the factory fog lights are sitting on the shelf in my garage. You can have them cheap and pay postage.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
you have the wiring and relay
Old 11-30-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
you have the wiring and relay
The wireing may already be in place in your Tacoma. Look behind the bumper for some plugs thats are not atached to anything. Then, just buy the relay and switch from Toyota or Ebay, and WALLA! You have fog lights.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
do they pre-wire the 4cyl. also its not a prerunner or anything special
Old 11-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
do they pre-wire the 4cyl. also its not a prerunner or anything special
Ooo...Ok, then Im not sure. Cant hurt to take a look behind your bumper to see if the conections are there.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #7
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
i just checked and looks like theres nothing back there, any ideas for different fog lights
Old 11-30-2008, 02:45 PM   #8
gpspowell will become famous soon enoughgpspowell will become famous soon enough
Navy: Viet Nam Veteran 1964-1967
gpspowell's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't removed the wiring or relay, and don't intend to. As "chris4X4" said, the wiring may be there so just buy the relay and switch and Voila!
Old 11-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #9
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
You shouldn't really need factory wiring, just do a cut-n-splice job, add your own wiring and switch and relay.

Do the factory fogs really even need a relay? Most under-dash and in-dash aftermarket switches I've seen are rated at 20 amps (or 240 watts), should be plenty able to handle fogs without a relay.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #10
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
ill be honest with yall i really dont do electrical, mechanically im pretty good but dont trust myself to do electrical, thats why im trying to find a "kit" thatll fit
Old 11-30-2008, 03:51 PM   #11

Quote:
ill be honest with yall i really dont do electrical, mechanically im pretty good but dont trust myself to do electrical, thats why im trying to find a "kit" thatll fit
Installing after market fogs is a pretty simple and straigt forward DIY. Find a kit that includes everything. Switch, relay, wireing, etc. When running the wires into the cab, you will find many access points with rubber plugs in the holes. Poke a hole in one, and run the wires thru. Read the instructions, then read them again. Take it one step at a time, and if you run into any problems, many people on here can help you thru it.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #12
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
only prob now is finding a good quality set of lights now
Old 11-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #13

Quote:
only prob now is finding a good quality set of lights now
Search online for some that you like, then post them here and get some free input. We all like to help out.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #14
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
the ones from automatcentral I rated here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...atcentral.html are pretty nice and decently priced.

http://www.automatcentral.com/100W-off-road-lamps.html

link goes to the home page. click on toyota tacoma on the right of his page. they're the $54.99 ones.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:06 PM   #15
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
check these out im plannin on doing the bhlm so i figured the smoke color would go good with these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SOLAR...Q5fAccessories
Old 11-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #16

Quote:
check these out im plannin on doing the bhlm so i figured the smoke color would go good with these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SOLAR...Q5fAccessories
Those look cool, but there is no info given for wattage, or bulb type. Also, you would want to replace the switch to something that would look better when mounted.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #17
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
can i wire those into factory switch
Old 11-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #18

Quote:
can i wire those into factory switch
I dont see why you couldnt. Anyone else?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #19
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
tell me what you think about the color theme here, its a white truck with black brush guard so would it be better to do bhlm and smoke fogs, maybe altezza euro lights, or tell me what you think
Old 11-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #20

Quote:
tell me what you think about the color theme here, its a white truck with black brush guard so would it be better to do bhlm and smoke fogs, maybe altezza euro lights, or tell me what you think
Me personally, Im not a fan of the Altezza tail lights. I think the BHLM and smoked fogs would look great!