1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Putco Yellow Fog Lights & Sylvania ZXE

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by tsub345, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Jan 19, 2012 at 4:49 PM
    tsub345

tsub345 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Near Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '17 Super White TRD OR
    Solid Fold 2.0, Cali Raised LED Stealth mount bar, Tint, Wet Okole Covers, Tailgate/Glove Box Letters
    I recently decided to upgrade my headlights, it was more of a last minute decision while I was buying new wiper blades for the Taco and the wife's car. I bought Sylvania ZXE Bulbs for my high/low beams. They are definately brighter than the stocks, and they have a bluish tint to them. There is a noticealbe improvemnt while driving at night with both high and low beams. I have had several small cars flash there lights at me with my low beams on. The pic of just the low beams doesn't do them justice, but you can see a real difference with the stock fog lights on.

Well the ZXE's are great (a little pricey, $60.00, well spent) but they led me to my next purchase, yellow fog lights. The stock fog light bulbs just don't look right with the ZXE's so I did some research on what options i had lenses, bulbs, etc.

I would like to thank Pugga for selling the Putco 3000k Yellow bulbs to me. I wasn't expecting them until Friday so a package in the mailbox was awesome considering the snow started falling as soon as I left work. I have not yet installed them in the truck but I am hoping to do it tomorrow when I can let the truck sit and dry off a bit in the garage. I will post up some pics after I install the fogs.

EDITED 1/21/12

Ok I got the Putcos in last night with problem, just changing bulbs. They look great with te ZXE's (pics below). We got a whole bunch of snow last night and the yellow bulbs definitely helped light up the edge of the road, the ZXE's took care of everything in front of me (this was done on the country roads where my parents live, only lioght you have is your headlights). When drving in town I dont notice the yellow bulbs as much. Still very happy with the bulbs. The pics show the high beam, the low beam and the yellow fogs from the front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jan 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Glad to see they came a day early! I'm curious to see what kind of light they put out... :popcorn:

3. Jan 19, 2012 at 4:55 PM
    tsub345

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Near Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '17 Super White TRD OR
    Solid Fold 2.0, Cali Raised LED Stealth mount bar, Tint, Wet Okole Covers, Tailgate/Glove Box Letters
    Me too!! :yay:

4. Jan 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    tsub345

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Near Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '17 Super White TRD OR

Of course, I just wish I had my dream garage so that I could work on my truck. I'll get more pics up after the install (and if the pics are poor quality is because all I have is my iPhone).

Products Discussed in

To Top