Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Putco Yellow Fog Lights & Sylvania ZXE

Old 01-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
tsub345 is on a distinguished road

Name: Travis
tsub345's Tacoma Gallery
Putco Yellow Fog Lights & Sylvania ZXE

I recently decided to upgrade my headlights, it was more of a last minute decision while I was buying new wiper blades for the Taco and the wife's car. I bought Sylvania ZXE Bulbs for my high/low beams. They are definately brighter than the stocks, and they have a bluish tint to them. There is a noticealbe improvemnt while driving at night with both high and low beams. I have had several small cars flash there lights at me with my low beams on. The pic of just the low beams doesn't do them justice, but you can see a real difference with the stock fog lights on.

Well the ZXE's are great (a little pricey, $60.00, well spent) but they led me to my next purchase, yellow fog lights. The stock fog light bulbs just don't look right with the ZXE's so I did some research on what options i had lenses, bulbs, etc.

I would like to thank Pugga for selling the Putco 3000k Yellow bulbs to me. I wasn't expecting them until Friday so a package in the mailbox was awesome considering the snow started falling as soon as I left work. I have not yet installed them in the truck but I am hoping to do it tomorrow when I can let the truck sit and dry off a bit in the garage. I will post up some pics after I install the fogs.

EDITED 1/21/12

Ok I got the Putcos in last night with problem, just changing bulbs. They look great with te ZXE's (pics below). We got a whole bunch of snow last night and the yellow bulbs definitely helped light up the edge of the road, the ZXE's took care of everything in front of me (this was done on the country roads where my parents live, only lioght you have is your headlights). When drving in town I dont notice the yellow bulbs as much. Still very happy with the bulbs. The pics show the high beam, the low beam and the yellow fogs from the front.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to see they came a day early! I'm curious to see what kind of light they put out...
Old 01-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #3

tsub345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Glad to see they came a day early! I'm curious to see what kind of light they put out...
Me too!!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #4

tsub345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
and u stuck to ur word.

Thanks for the write up and pics!

Of course, I just wish I had my dream garage so that I could work on my truck. I'll get more pics up after the install (and if the pics are poor quality is because all I have is my iPhone).