Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

What Kind of Rocker Switches You Rockin'?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
alexretama is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
alexretama's Tacoma Gallery
What Kind of Rocker Switches You Rockin'?

I finally got some new lights up front and have a bed light bar in progress. I currently only have 1 rocker for my OBA that I got off a website called pedal-2d-metal. It looks badass... so I guess they went out of business because I cant find them any where. What rockers are you guys running?
Old 01-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
Cheeba Chief
Nicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Nicks4x4LT's Tacoma Gallery
i like the orange daystars, matches the stock lighting kinda
Old 01-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
otrattw.com have the best prices and selections on carling switches anywhere.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:59 PM   #5
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Im buying 2 similar to these this week from a local electronics store. Only difference is a smaller light

Old 01-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #6
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
This. I love mine. They fit in the factory holes with just a little trimming and look great, plus they have them labeled for just about anything you need.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #7
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
i also have the ARB switches in the same exact switches as above

Old 01-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #8
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008taco View Post
This. I love mine. They fit in the factory holes with just a little trimming and look great, plus they have them labeled for just about anything you need.
and they are dual lit so they come on with your headlights and when the switch is activated. Most other switches aren't lit with the dash lights.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #9
Oznium is on a distinguished road
Oznium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
There's daystar, carling, and oznium.
Carling takes slight trimming in the opening. Idk about the other two.

Daystar
http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CIUBEPMCMAE

Carling
http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/Carling_Switches.shtml

Oznium
http://www.oznium.com/scion-switch-led
We've had one or two customers say they had to shave, but the other hundreds didn't. It's kinda strange. But I don't think you have to shave for ours. I think that's a good thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
i also have the ARB switches in the same exact switches as above

Wow! That looks really nice. We also carry those simply switches too. http://www.oznium.com/rocker-switch
Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
SocalMGM is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
SocalMGM's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine from otrattw.com

They make great switches and have very fast shipping! I ordered mine on a Saturday night and Monday was a holiday, still got them in the mail on Wednesday. otrattw.com has great customer service as well
Old 01-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #11
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oznium View Post
We've had one or two customers say they had to shave, but the other hundreds didn't. It's kinda strange. But I don't think you have to shave for ours. I think that's a good thing

Wow! That looks really nice. We also carry those simply switches too. http://www.oznium.com/rocker-switch
I have been looking for those simple ones you posted, I got one with my hellas, and I like how simple they are.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #12
Dick Richards III
prdltakid is on a distinguished road
Navy: Parachute Rigger
Name: Dick
prdltakid's Tacoma Gallery
2008taco, how did you get the switches in the holes up there?
Old 02-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #13
Galt/Rearden 2012
whatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the rough
whatatoy's Tacoma Gallery
Oznium regular's without LEDS - these two switches control extra lighting inside my cab - didn't need any light coming from them. My next order from Oznium will be for a heck of a lot more... THEY FREAKIN ROCK!

Old 04-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #14
2013baja is a jewel in the rough2013baja is a jewel in the rough2013baja is a jewel in the rough

Name: Markus
2013baja's Tacoma Gallery
What's the difference between the cheap rocker switches and the OEM fog light switch? Why is the OEM one so much bigger?

vs

Quality the same? Feel? Fit?
Old 04-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #15
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
The oem is a push button and designed to go into a specific slot. The ottraw carling switches are very high quality. I am very impressed with the carling V's and will be using those from now on. The lights in them are Led now so they don't get hot, and with the laser etched rocker you can easily see which switch is which in the dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prdltakid View Post
2008taco, how did you get the switches in the holes up there?
Sorry I didnt see this until now/ I went up through the little coin tray and some fishing wire iirc.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #17
Technologically Advanced Redneck
TSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tyler
TSmalls89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalMGM View Post
I got mine from otrattw.com

They make great switches and have very fast shipping! I ordered mine on a Saturday night and Monday was a holiday, still got them in the mail on Wednesday. otrattw.com has great customer service as well

Just ordered a switch from them for my new lights. Thank you for the info!
Old 05-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #18
808bige is a splendid one to behold808bige is a splendid one to behold808bige is a splendid one to behold808bige is a splendid one to behold808bige is a splendid one to behold808bige is a splendid one to behold808bige is a splendid one to behold808bige is a splendid one to behold
Name: Eric
808bige's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008taco View Post
The oem is a push button and designed to go into a specific slot. The ottraw carling switches are very high quality. I am very impressed with the carling V's and will be using those from now on. The lights in them are Led now so they don't get hot, and with the laser etched rocker you can easily see which switch is which in the dark.

Sorry I didnt see this until now/ I went up through the little coin tray and some fishing wire iirc.
New to doing my own wiring, but wanted to put some 5050 led bed light bars under the rails. wanted to run a rocker switch into the cab on the panel left of the wheel. Been looking on the threads but cant fina a general walkthrough on how to wire the strips from the bed into the cab, to the switch and install the ottraw. Any tips, or you know of any threads I can read?

Also from what I read, for this project I just want a SPST switch right? I'm on Ottraw and there's a ton of different options in drop down. should I even concern myself with those? Here's the switch im talking about http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VVPZC59-1TL
Old 06-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #19
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post

I just ordered a bunch from them myself.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #20
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
I'll vouch for OTRATTW. They are fast, fast, fast. And they have some awesome switches. Here is a three switch panel I installed with their switches...this is for an FJ, but you get an idea of it's application.

powering the rigids ....I'll post up pics of the rear, and side lights and switches later....